Banner Ad 1

Bits and bobs in 72nd scale...

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

Postby modelnut » Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:24 pm

Guys!

I am hitting the wall here in trying to find commercially available fittings for my 72nd scale NAUTILUS. Several web-searches have turned up nothing.

I have sent several emails to Model Expo about their anchors but have received no response. SHEESH! All I want to know is what they mean by "20mm" anchor. Is that the length of the vertical shaft or the distance between the tips of the left and right barbs. If I knew what they were measuring I could pick out the one I need.

I am also looking for a ships wheel and binacle - and anything I could use in furnishing the Salon. Stowing the furniture is still a good ways off, but I might as well start looking.

-Leelan
modelnut
SubCommittee Member

Postby modelnut » Mon Jun 14, 2004 2:28 pm

OOPS!

I forgot to actually ask you fellows for help!

I would consider it mighty neighborly of anyone here who could point out a more communicative dealer in model ship fittings than dear Model Expo. Anyone who could respond to emails would be a big improvement.

Thanks in advance!
-Leelan
modelnut
SubCommittee Member

Postby Seasub88 » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:05 pm

:O Phone Ships n things listed in Sub Com info. They have everything and will talk your language. I thought they were great. JIM
Seasub88

Postby modelnut » Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:12 am

Hmmm...

I got my propeller from them. Didn't even think about shopping with them because of some snafu's getting that admittedly sweet propeller.

I don't like getting packages UPS. I work nightshift and they won't deliver residential packages until they finish with business deliveries. Very annoying.

-Leelan
modelnut
SubCommittee Member

Postby modelnut » Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:40 pm

Just got word from Ships n Things. They no longer carry fittings.

So if anyone knows who else to try, please chime in.

-Leelan
modelnut
SubCommittee Member

Return to Television and Movie Submarines