Banner Ad 1

Micro Receivers for 75 MHZ

Heard about a new product? Announce it here!

Postby Bigdave » Sun Jun 13, 2004 5:38 pm

I have had quite a few e-mails on what kind of receiver I use in my Mini-WTC’s. I know there are not a lot of choices out there for 75 MHZ multi-channel receivers, let alone micro ones. Even a standard mini-receiver will not fit in the small tubes. You have to be very careful how you lay out the components inside of the WTC, there is just no room. I have been using a custom order FMA M5 Sub-micro receiver. The M5 is the world’s smallest Dual conversion FM receiver. It is only 1.3in long, .8in wide, and .58in high. It weighs only .3 OZ yet it is a full function five channel receiver. I have used there receivers for years in my boats and airplanes and they are great. I have talked to Jamie Marks who is one of the owners of FMA and the head of production. I told him there could be a market for the M5 on 75 MHZ with the trend for small models. Plus the release of the Revell U-boat kit there would be a definite market for a very small multi (four plus) channel receiver. He was making them for me on a special order basis, but has told me he will be updating the web site to include the M5 on 75 MHZ. He said he should have it up in a few weeks. I just wanted to pass it along to anyone that is interested and is working on a Mini-WTC. There web-site is www.fmadirect.com. Thanks, Dave. :D

Edited By Bigdave on 1087218515
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Postby Atomic Subs » Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:28 pm

Hi Guys,

This is great news isn't it! Well, Matt and I have also been in contact with Jamie over the past few months and have put together a M5 Sub-micro package. The package inculdes a transmitter, M5 receiver, and 2 servos for $147.50 USD. We have taken a few advance orders and will be receiving the first units in a couple of weeks. When ordred with an electronics package, we'll offer a 10% discount on the combined total. We'll have info up on the Atomic Subs web site later this week, but if you can't wait, give me a call for more info.

Lyle

Edited By Atomic Subs on 1087180215
Lyle Jansma
www.atomicsubs.com
Atomic Subs

Postby Bigdave » Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:09 pm

Hi Lyle, That is a great price. Good for you and Matt. I just got a e-mail from Jamie that the M5's are now up on the FMA web-site on 75MHZ. Maybe we will see a trend that the R/C industry as a hole will be supporting more non mainstream parts of the hobby like us. :) We can only hope! Dave.
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Return to New Product Announcements