Banner Ad 1

Marine Model Expo - Marine Model Expo

Eastern US Coast Local Chapter - Lower New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, D.C., Virginia.

Postby Wheels » Sun Mar 07, 2004 9:06 pm

We have an invitation to attend and enjoy ourselves at the Maritime Model Expo at St Michaels, MD on Saturday May15th, 2004. What I need from you is a yes or no if you think you might come. Reason for the head count is that the host organization NASMA is renting tables and chairs. So let me hear from you by the middle of next week as I need to report back to them by next weekend.

Make Plans today for the

Maritime Model Expo!

The North American Steamboat Modelers Association (NASMA) and the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum will be holding a Maritime Model Exposition on Saturday May 15th, 2004.

The Maritime Model Expo will include RC models propelled by steam, electric and wind. Static models welcome as well.

We will have an “fresh water pond” (on loan from the good folks at Cabin Fever) in which to float our boats. It will be located next to the museum’s Steamboat Building, a wonderful exhibit of steam on the Chesapeake Bay.

See the enclosed brochure for all the Chesapeake Maritime Museum and the Eastern Shore have to offer.

A discount room rate of $99.00 per night is available at the Holiday Inn Express in Easton, MD (very close to St. Michaels) but reservations need to be made by April 1st. Call 410-819-6500 and say you are part of the St. Michaels Model Expo.

Camping is also an option at Tuckahoe State Park.
Call 888-432-2267 or go on-line to www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/eastern/tuckahoe.html

Fee is $15 and includes admission to the museum.

Respectfully,
Jim Wheeler
Jim Wheeler....."Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Wheels
SubCommittee Member

Postby Novagator » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:10 pm

I might have to go, maybe my Alfa might at the testing stage by then.
John Cottingham
Sub Committee Member #2721
Novagator
SubCommittee Member

Postby Novagator » Tue May 11, 2004 7:23 am

Who is going this weekend?
John Cottingham
Novagator
SubCommittee Member

Postby Wheels » Tue May 11, 2004 8:04 am

John...at this time there are about 7 people signed up to come. I know I'm looking forward to going. After the event we are going to go break bread together.

Jim Wheeler
Jim Wheeler....."Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Wheels
SubCommittee Member

Postby Novagator » Tue May 11, 2004 5:31 pm

Jim,

Make that 9, my dad and I are coming, I might bring along one of the alfas thats undercontruction for display. Doubt if I could eat with you guys, but you never know.

John
John Cottingham
Novagator
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Tue May 11, 2004 8:35 pm

Hi John,

I'm looking forward to this event too. It looks like my wife will be attending as well.....so given enough spouses, they should be able to find some interesting things to do together at St. Michaels.

I'll be bringing my 1/72nd scale Skipjack and am thinking of bringing my almost ready Seehund.

-See ya there!

Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby 1bigjohn » Wed May 12, 2004 8:27 am

The place we are going to eat is in Easton on Rt 50 it is kind of along the way. Can't wait sounds like a fun day for all.

BIG JOHN
1bigjohn

Postby JWLaRue » Wed May 12, 2004 4:26 pm

BJ,

What's the name of the place? Do they offer more than just seafood?

-tnx,

Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby 1bigjohn » Wed May 12, 2004 4:40 pm

Hi Jeff it's the H & G they have a little bit of every thing lots of Good food . Should I get a menu to post?

BIG JOHN
1bigjohn

Postby JWLaRue » Wed May 12, 2004 4:48 pm

....as long as they have a reasonable variety, we should be okay. No matter the eating preferences, folks should be able to find something they like.

-tnx,

Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Wheels » Thu May 13, 2004 7:02 am

Come'on Jeff.......It's better if it doesn't mooooooo.

Jim
Wheels
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubComEast