April 29, 2004
FOR ANYONE WHO HAS BOUGHT THE NAUTILUS REPLICA AND FOUND IT CAME WITH BROKEN PARTS OR WAS DEFECTIVE IN MANUFACTURE
--- and WANTS A REPLACEMENT NAUTILUS
HERE IS THE LATEST NEWS DIRECT FROM DISNEY'S
If you are among those who is still considering getting a replacement Nautilus Replica, I urge you to read this email and then ACT!
If you're not involved with a Nautilus Replica, please - just delete this email. I'm sorry to have bothered you.
This is Larry Brooks, moderator of the Disney's 20,000 LEAGUES GROUP (http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/DI ... 0_Leagues/). I have just gotten the latest news from Disney's re GETTING A REPLACEMENT NAUTILUS. One of the executives at the Disney Company, a good friend of mine, asked me to get this word out to you all - FAST. So here it is.
Yes, the Disney Catalog is absolutely making replacement Nautilus replicas. A whole slew of Nautilus Replicas were returned to the Disney's, and the company has listened. They have taken this whole matter extremely seriously. You don't know how much... And they have responded.
To repeat: Yes, the Disney Catalog is absolutely making replacement Nautilus replicas.
The man I spoke with said that if anyone has received a NAUTILUS REPLICA and it had a broken part
- bent raker-arch by wheelhouse, a damaged Propeller Ring, etc.
- if it was a bad pull from the mold
- if it had large glue spots/smudges/droplets on the Viewport windows or Alligator Eyes
AND IF YOU WERE CONSIDERING RETURNING IT TO THE DISNEY STORE and ASKING FOR A REPLACEMENT NAUTILUS REPLICA . . .
THEN YOU MUST DO IT N-O-W. Here's why.
The Disney Store has gotten quite a few calls/complaints about this (you can just imagine!).
So far, there are still about 35 people who called the Disney Store to complain but never returned their model for a replacement. It is now getting late and those who want to replace their model should have returned their faulty subs by now... SO if you know anyone who is holding back in fear that Disney won't make more, please tell them that IT'S NOW OR NEVER. THEY SHOULD ALL BE HERE WITHIN THE NEXT TO 2 WEEKS AT THE LATEST FOR FINAL COUNT SO THAT WE CAN PLACE OUR ORDER WITH THE VENDORS.
DO N-O-T RETURN THE REPLICA TO A DISNEY STORE IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD -- THESE REPLICAS M-U-S-T BE MAILED IN! HERE'S EXACTLY WHAT YOU MUST DO - PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LIST TO THE LETTER:
1) As I said in my last email, everybody who has requested a replacement should call the Disney Store at 1-800-237-5751 (call anytime - their operators are taking calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
2) Ask the Disney Store Operator to full up your Account on their computer screen.
3) Tell the Operator you want a Nautilus Replica Replacement and you HAVE TO GET YOUR NAUTILUS REPLICA BACK TO THE DISNEY STORE QUICKLY IN ORDER TO QUALIFY for the replacement replica. Ask her how to go about this - what she would suggest. --
(Here's what I did. You might consider asking the Operator if you could do this: I re-boxed the sub replica & took it over to UPS and used them to send the replica back to the Disney Store. Not the US Mail- they're way too expensive!
I paid the UPS people myself. THEN, I called up the Disney Operator, told her how much the UPS shipping amount was, and she then subtracted that shipping amount off of my billing for the replica. In other words, Disney's paid for the shipping.)
4) After you've reached an arrangement on how to send your Nautilus Replica back, do this. Tell the Operator that you want an MPF FORM SENT OUT TO THE DISNEY DISTRIBUTION CENTER FOR YOUR REPLACEMENT NAUTILUS.
-- To Repeat -- you tell the Operator you want her/him to confirm that an MPF FORM has been sent to the Disney Distribution Center for your Replacement Nautilus.
- If the Operator doesn't know about this form -- or tries to get out of doing it -- you should firmly request (be nice!) to talk to the supervisor (or someone higher up than the Operator you're currently speaking with) and again -- Request the same thing.
Believe me, the supervisor or Customer Returns Agent will definitely know what you're talking about. Trust me on this.
5) LASTLY - you should please request that you want the Operator to write this into your Disney Store Account computer file (...that an MPF Form was sent to the Disney Distribution Center on your behalf).
Well, that more than does it. I sympathize with you, believe me. I've had to send back 3 Nautilus Replicas myself. Quoting the advertising slogan from CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND: "You are not alone." Beyond all this, I will again say that these Nautilus sub replicas are striking and beautifully designed pieces. The end is clearly in sight with this craziness, and, at least to me, my Nautilus Replica was worth it. Kind of...