Banner Ad 1

Spring 2004 Fun Run Date Confirmed - Sat June 5.

Midwest US Local Chapter - Illinois, Iowa, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, and Wisconsin.

Postby TMSmalley » Mon Apr 05, 2004 6:47 pm

I just heard from Chris Campbell, SubRon6er and commodore of the Indianapolis Admirals.

He says we are go for Saturday June 5 for our SubRon6 spring fun run at the Carmel Indiana City Reflecting Pond (photo below).
We decided that there would be too many guys adversely affected by Mother's Day if we went with the May date.
We don't want that many members in the doghouse!

As usual, a number of us will arrive Friday (June 4) afternoon for an early wetdown at the pond and dinner afterward.

The hotel is the Comfort Suites, Carmel or wherever you want
to go that's cheaper! As always, all SubCommittee members are welcome to join us in the fun - or if you aren't a member yet and you are curious about the hobby, come on down and let us bring you to the darkside of the RC modelling hobby. :D

Edited By TMSmalley on 1081206547
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby Casey Thrower » Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:29 pm

This just isn't my day. First the local hobby shop sells my Revell 1:72 U-boat before I picked it up, then the Carmel show falls on my wedding anniversary. Well, I guess I won't be going alone as planned and will make it a combo sub show and anniversary getaway. So much for the weekend with the boys. Last year I brought two of my kids and swore this year was for me alone. Maybe others will bring their wives too.

Edited By Casey Thrower on 1081211948
Casey Thrower SC Member #1675

"Oh Lord, Thy sea is so large and my boat is so small"
Casey Thrower

Postby Jefff J » Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:22 pm

hey Casey, my wife is going with me also... we could send them shopping! ??? Or maybe leave them at the hotel by accident :D Jeff Jones
One things for sure, they won't be expecting us.... s/c# 0258
Jefff J

Postby Casey Thrower » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:47 pm

Jefff J wrote:hey Casey, my wife is going with me also... we could send them shopping! ??? Or maybe leave them at the hotel by accident :D Jeff Jones

Believe it or not, she's already out buying clothes for the trip.
We are leaving Thursday and staying in Kentucky Thursday night then arriving Friday afternoon. Wonder if we will eat at the same place we did last year? It had a good atmosphere.

Edited By Casey Thrower on 1081295361
Casey Thrower SC Member #1675

"Oh Lord, Thy sea is so large and my boat is so small"
Casey Thrower

Postby Jefff J » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:30 pm

Casey, we are planning on making it there Friday also. I'm sure we can plan on meeting up at the hotel or at a restraunt before then, looking forward to it. Have a safe trip. Jeff J.
One things for sure, they won't be expecting us.... s/c# 0258
Jefff J

Postby Wadester13 » Thu Apr 22, 2004 3:59 pm

I am planning on going and so will my girfriend (but no sub yet). Where and when do we meet?
Wadester13

Postby Jeffrey J » Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:56 pm

hi Wadester, sometime before June 4th we will post a message here with more details, where and when we will meet. I guess we will meet at the hotel sometime eairly fri. Then go check out he pond so everyone will know where its at , maybe get a short run in. Then head on over to Carmels finest Mexican outfit! Anyway, thats kind of how it went last year..... see you there. Hey, my old e-mail is back up and running. Have to see how long that lasts..... ??? Jeff Jones
one things for sure, they won't be expecting us......... S/C#258
Jeffrey J

Postby Wadester13 » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:43 pm

Thank you. I got my camera ready. Actually I think I might need to buy a bigger memory card. lol
Wadester13

Return to SubRon6