Banner Ad 1

66" movie Nautilus portfolio

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

Postby modelmaker » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:58 am

Dear Group,

I'm taking a small, but nonetheless important poll.

While I agree it would be awesome to have the "final" Disney Nautilus blueprints available to the general public, they would have to be drawn up and made available. The ones that everyone has are the "incorrect" ones that were put out by Starlog in the 80's I believe. Several enthusiasts boast of having them, but are reluctant to ever share these.

I've contemplated redoing them, but it will undoubtedly take some time. There are tiny differences between what was drawn and what was built. I'm talking strictly the miniature, and not a hybrid of the stage and miniature.

My current proposal is to offer a 50 or so photo CD of images ( all high res. ) of how we bore into existence our 66" Nautilus. A lot of decisive info could be gleaned through this photographic data bank, and that compilation could be produced fairly quickly.

If on the other hand, the popular demand is for the images with the plan views and measurements, then I will consider doing so. Albeit, it will take quite bit longer to produce.

Just food for thought.

Jim Key - Custom Replicas :cool:
modelmaker

Postby Bob the Builder » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:23 pm

Jim,

Are the pictures that you are referring to the same ones that Dave has on his site? Yours will be higher resolution?

I, for one, would be interested in the revised blueprints that you're talking about.

Bob
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby modelmaker » Mon Apr 05, 2004 1:40 pm

Bob,

Good question,

I looked at the master portfolio last night and I have upwards of 155 high res. images ( many not seen but only briefly on our website back in 2000 ). Much of the shots would be things that Dave Simkins isn't showing, as his shots are his property.

As to the blueprints, I am discussing it with my sources.

Jim Key :cool:
modelmaker

Postby Scott T » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:27 pm

I would be interested in revised drawings for around $40.00 or less.

Scott
Scott T
SubCommittee Member

Postby Work Man » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:43 pm

Being a Nautilus nut, I would like to say this. The most important thing here is the individuals own interpertation of the Nautilus. I use the film interior/exterior for my own color applications. Also the 11' foot model has detail left off, as it wasn't really required. To me the best set of blueprints would be a mixture of what could be built in that time and Goff's orignal design. The prints I have to me are great, don't really where they came from,
originaly. Tom
PS:Could use spell check here. ???
Work Man

Return to Television and Movie Submarines