Banner Ad 1

Kit Production

Matt Thor

Kit Production

Postby Thor » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:03 pm

Guys,

I thought I had my health issues whooped, but I had another heart scare 2 weeks ago. I have done everything the doctors have asked me to do, but it came back on me regardless.

I have several orders that are in process right now. Once this batch of kits is complete, I will be halting production permanently. I am NOT getting out of the hobby by any means, but I have to shed the harsh chemical exposure out of my life. One of the chemicals in the epoxy resin is causing me all sorts of health issues.

My apologies to those of you who have been waiting so long for your kits over the last 60 days. I will have them all out the door in the next 4 weeks. I am in negotiations with parties to take over production of my kit line and the other kits that are in the process of being completed. I will update you on the disposition of the kit line as soon as everything is worked out.

Best,

Matt
Thor
SubCommittee Member

Re: Kit Production

Postby JefftyToo » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Matt,

So sorry to hear this...really don't know what to say. Your work and kits will be much missed, but of course, taking care of yourself must always come first. Still see you in Colorado?

Best,
JeffP
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby bwi » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:46 pm

This only happens to people that have a perfectionist nature, are strict and always care for others before they bother about themselves.
Sometimes perfectionism can work against you Matt, and gives a lot of stress. Of course your kits will be missed but better the kits than yourself :D , I think everybody can agree on that. Take care and enjoy the hobby from now on without that annoying little man :evil: screaming in your head that you can not relax because you still have 1000 things to do first.

Grtz,
Bart
Practical wisdom is only to be learned in the school of experience.
]"Samuel Smiles"
bwi
SubCommittee Member

Postby Pirate » Mon May 05, 2014 3:40 pm

Matt,
Get well. Take care.
Hope to see you in Carmel again soon.

Pete
HOLD FAST
Pirate
SubCommittee Member

Postby corsairman » Tue May 06, 2014 1:37 am

Matt,

Take care of yourself and get better. Diana and I will be thinking about you. Hope you get better

Ken and Diana Griffin
corsairman
SubCommittee Member

Postby edward » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:16 pm

Matt, do what you have to do.
But go, realizing you have contributed enormously to this hobby.
We have all learned from you.
Thank you and good luck in "retirement"
Ed-Atl
edward
SubCommittee Member

Return to Precision Pattern