Banner Ad 1

Free to good home-1/32nd Type IXB.

Have any sub 'stuff' to sell or trade?

Free to good home-1/32nd Type IXB.

Postby Thor » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:31 pm

Guys,

I have come to realize that I will never finish many of the projects that I have taken on in the last 15 yrs. I have Mike Dory's original WWII German Type IXB in 1/32nd scale. It is a masterpiece of engineering. My intent was to restore her completely and show Mike's handiwork off at the Regattas. But, I can see that I will never get to it. I am overwhelmed with modeling projects.

So, if you are willing to take this boat into your home and take good care of her, I will let you have it. It is a running boat that fires torpedoes. It has active sound and too many other features to list. Her paint job needs a touch up here and there. It is much too large to ship, but I can meet you somewhere if you are going to take her home. Mike gave her to me, so I will give her to you. If I was going to sell it I would ask several thousand dollars for it. The boat is that significant in R/C Model Submarine history.

Best,

Matt
Thor
SubCommittee Member

Re: Free to good home-1/32nd Type IXB.

Postby spongjim » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:04 am

Matt I will take her if you will let her go . She will be here if you want her back .

Jim H.
spongjim
SubCommittee Member

Re: Free to good home-1/32nd Type IXB.

Postby Thor » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:37 am

Thanks, Jim. That is very kind of you. I have found a home for her. Now I just have to figure out a way to get her transported. She is a beast!

Matt
Thor
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubSwap