Banner Ad 1

U.s. Nuke boats section

Place for general submarine conversation

U.s. Nuke boats section

Postby g2tiger » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:53 pm

Where is the modern u.s. Sub section? I see various other sections for u-boats
And Russian boats but not a specific section for the post diesel boats. Am I missing something?
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Re: U.s. Nuke boats section

Postby Sub culture » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:13 pm

I think this site has too many sections as it is. If it was up to me this forum would be shrunk down to about a dozen sections.
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Thor » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:52 pm

We will be doing some cleaning up when we transition to the new forum software. That effort is currently underway....

Matt
Thor
SubCommittee Member

Postby Tom Dougherty » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:16 pm

We lost a whole lot of information a few years back when the photo hosting site changed. As an example, check out the Russian submarine section with a lot of blank links. A lot of reference material is gone!

Matt & the other in the SC organization are working on a more permanent solution so we don't lose our photo archives again. So, any new section should wait until the new software update has been completed
Tom Dougherty
Researcher for Project Azorian
Project Azorian Documentary: http://www.projectjennifer.at/
Project Azorian Book: http://www.usni.org/store/catalog-fall-2012/project-azorian
Tom Dougherty
SubCommittee Member

Postby g2tiger » Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:12 pm

Thanks for the info. Perhaps a us bat section in place of just fleetboats.

Also where is everyone? Hardley any post anymore.
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Postby Sub culture » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:19 pm

The forum ebbs and flows. There is a lot of competition out there these days- last count at least five other English speaking forums, with as many foreign language sites, plus social networking groups on Facebook etc.

A lot of newcomers coming into this hobby are looking to see what they can take out, rather than what they might contribute- the current zeitgeist perhaps?

There are exceptions to this, but not sufficient to maintain the kind of dynamic exchange of ideas members may have seen in earlier years. It's not fair or reasonable to expect the same few individuals to keep on providing the entertainment.

Adding more sections to this site is just going to add to the confusion, as it looks too cluttered already.

For me the 'General' forums are the ones that have real relevance, the others are with the odd exception largely superfluous.
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby g2tiger » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:03 pm

Subculture,

I understand what your saying. Perhaps better organization would help. Sections by era with those eras divided into select subsections. Who knows...

Anyway, would you be willing to list some of the other sites? I know of this one and the subpirates. I'm not familiar with any others off the top of my head.
g2tiger
SubCommittee Member

Return to General