Banner Ad 1

Need drydock services

R/C Submarine modelers

Need drydock services

Postby Evets » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:44 pm

About 10 years met a WWII submariner (Frank C) on line. He was close to "eternal patrol" and had several RC boats his family apparently didn't want. I was happy to buy his 32nd parallel fleet boat and take it off his hands. I HAVE NO INTEREST IN PARTING WITH IT but also realize I absolutely don't have the skill set to refit the monster and make it functional. Motors, hi compression air, and newer radio seem intact (when charged the 8 channel radio drives a variety of functions like rudder, bow planes, stern planes etc). I suspect however there are some significant electronic issues and likely multiple motorcycle cells are at end life. Cosmetically boat is killer as Electric Boat SS 316 "Barbel" (as nice as any Ive seen) thus worth doing. Apparently he transferred of the sub just prior to its final fatal patrol. Id like to honor the guy & sub mates and keep his baby functional & visible. Located in Denver metro area. Anyone willing to take project on for hire?
Evets
Evets

Re: Need drydock services

Postby Tommydeen » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:54 pm

Evets. We are having our once a month meeting in the basement of rockler woodworking store on colorado blvd just south of I-25 this Saturday at 10:00 there is a few of us sub modelers that will be there we could talk more if you like.
Tspettel@comcast.net
Tommydeen
SubCommittee Member

Postby tsenecal » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:38 am

Evets,

yes, please consider coming to the model boat meeting. whether this month or not, it would be wonderful just to meet you.

Tim
tsenecal
SubCommittee Member

Postby Evets » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:21 am

Grunt, thanks to being away on work could not make the meeting but actually have interest. When is the next meeting?
Evets
Evets

Postby Tommydeen » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:37 am

Evets. We are having our once a month meeting this Saturday in the lower level of colpar hobbys
Hope to see you there
Tom
Tommydeen
SubCommittee Member

Postby tsenecal » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:47 pm

evets,

if you are unfamiliar with Colpar Hobbies...

scraped from their website:

Colpar's HobbyTown USA
1915 S Havana St, Aurora, CO 80014

please note that they have moved. they are now at the south west corner of Havana and Jewell.
tsenecal
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler