Banner Ad 1

international fun run

Place for general submarine conversation

Re: international fun run

Postby tsenecal » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:21 am

Rick,

i just did the "directions" on maps.google.com...

from Oshawa, Ontario Canada to Keystone, Colorado...

its ONLY 1606 miles

you can drive in shifts... 3 drivers, less than 24 hours, no problem... :D

have fun. take lots of pictures. you will be missed.

maybe you can phone in an Arnold Schwarzenegger impersonation...
tsenecal
SubCommittee Member

Postby Rick Teskey » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:02 am

Thanks for the info Tim
I just can't do a 24 hr drive with 2 smelly buggers snoreing and farting and then do it all again back home !
asta la vista
Arnold
Rick Teskey
SubCommittee Member

Postby Larry Kuntz » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:04 am

Rick,
That's what earplugs and corks are for. Just don't get them mixed up........ :roll:
Larry Kuntz
SubRon8
ImageImage
Larry Kuntz
SubCommittee Member

Postby Rick Teskey » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:08 am

Hi Larry
The ear plugs I use , but the cork could cause a serious build up of back pressure, which is also why women don't fart, they don't stop talking long enough too build up pressure!!!!
Rick Teskey
SubCommittee Member

Postby Larry Kuntz » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:11 am

Rick,
Yea, but then the pressure is on us......... :twisted:
Larry Kuntz
SubRon8
ImageImage
Larry Kuntz
SubCommittee Member

Postby hampboats » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:11 pm

As always, you are welcome in Carmel. To ensure that scheduling conflicts don't arise, anything that you want to do at the pond needs to be put on our Admirals calendar in advance except event whereby just a few guys drop by to run. We have posted our 2014 calendar on the website - indyadmirals.org. Please feel free to contact me or Mike Yount our current commander. jmy.yount@gmail.com As far as I know, I am the only member of the Admirals in Indianapolis that is a current Subcommittee member. Chris Campbell has not been an Admiral's member for a while.

There are multiple reasons for ensuring that we have good communications concerning the use of the pond. We insure the owner of the pond so we always notify them of our scheduled events. It keeps good will. We have run into some issues with a home owner who wants to use the pond to raise ducks. We have to be careful how we manage the situation. The city is working with us on it. Anyone who is running at the pond is considered a member of the Admirals in her mine and anything said to her she considers to be said by a representative of the club. We have already run into this before with someone who was not a member of the club telling her what she can do with her ducks. The city is also doing repair work on the pond and we are keeping abreast of that as well so that you will know what to expect when you arrive. Also, we are ready to offer support and assistance with all activities in Indy. We have moved our trailer to a location closer to the pond for better access. Before, it was located outside the city limits. Our roster is growing but so is the age of our individual members. Therefore, as with all organizations, 15% or less of the membership does 110% of the work.

We look forward to having you at the pond. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
Dave Hampton
Indy Admirals
www.indyadmirals.org
hampboats
SubCommittee Member

Postby subdude » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:21 pm

Dave,

Thanks for the info. I've already been in contact with Mike about the date, and he says he has it on the Admirals schedule.

I'll get together with you with more details off-line.

Jim
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby hampboats » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:55 pm

Just to clarify, we have a preliminary date set for August 2 and 3rd but we need to note that this is not the SC subregatta but a Fun Run. I think the assumption was that you were hosting the subregatta here again. I will get with Mike on the change.
Dave Hampton
Indy Admirals
www.indyadmirals.org
hampboats
SubCommittee Member

Postby Thor » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:57 pm

Just to reiterate so there is not any confusion. The Official SubCommittee SubRegatta is in Keystone, Colorado on July 18th, 19th, and 20th.

The Carmel FunRun is a SubCommittee sponsored event to take place sometime in early August in Carmel, Indiana.

Double your fun and attend both!

Matt
Thor
SubCommittee Member

Previous

Return to General