Banner Ad 1

Well, It's about time.

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

Well, It's about time.

Postby gp100man » Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:27 am

Well, finally, why all the delays, I'll never know. But the movie USS SEAVIPER is finally available for sale in the USA.
Have any of you seen it?
Whats your take on it, realistic, fake, good story line??
How good is it compared to U-571/ Das Boot / Crimson Tide????
It has lousey reviews, however many movies that the pros don't like, I like alot.
As soon as I get mine, I'll report back to you.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00COW ... onvideo-20
gp100man
SubCommittee Member

Re: Well, It's about time.

Postby telusboats » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:16 pm

I started watching this movie and the word BAD is too generous for it. It is not in the same league as the other movies you mentioned.
telusboats

Re: Well, It's about time.

Postby gp100man » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:41 pm

Well telusboats, I watched it again last night, and I would have to agree with you. The story line is lame, to much emotion, and not enough storyline. Also, the underwater scenes just did not have enough smoke in them, to make them look underwater in the depths. ALL the actors uniforms were to new, to neat, to much like reenactors that have been hired who wear stuff, and have jeeps, and weapons all of which look to brand new. When you look at real WWII news footage, many of the uniforms look like-----well like they've been through a war. When you see something around your house that's well worn and tatterd, it's easay to say, hey, "that thing looks like it's been through a war". That's because things in war time get USED AND ABUSED alot.
I did notice that the WWII submariner that the movie is dedicated to has the same last name as the director. So, it was probably relatives who were trying to show repect for a father or grandfather, and I respect their effort, but from an entertainment standpoint, I thought the story line was lame. And who ever heard of a .45 auto pistol that quits working after only one round fired. That was weird.
Just thinking of things that seemed wrong while not having taken any notes while watching. I thought the footage and sound effects of the torpedoes leaving the tubes was done quite well.
There are a lot better submarine movies out there; that's for sure. I love, Run Silent, Run Deep, Destination Tokyo, and Submarine Seahawk, and Hell Below, Red October..........gp100man.
gp100man
SubCommittee Member

Return to Television and Movie Submarines