Banner Ad 1

Engel Type 212 - video

R/C Submarine modelers

Engel Type 212 - video

Postby lotharbucheim » Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:00 am

Hi everyone,

Here is a link to the film I have posted on Youtube of my Engel Models Type 212 submarine "Scire". It is 1/70th scale, which is close enough to be in-line with my other 1/72 scale r/c models. You can see my H.M.S. Guernsey ( Deans Marine ) along side her in the 'harbour' at Durban Model boat club. This is a superb kit, which took me away from my next project ( the Fleetscale Type 21 in 1/72 scale ) but it was well worth it. She runs like a dream and is fairly easy to build. Out-of-the-box, if you follow the instructions, it is a brilliant kit. The ubiquitous "Das Boot" music makes up the soundtrack, but there really isn't any better submarine soundtrack is there? I managed to find some sound-bytes from an Italian TV documentary about the real "Scire" which are also in the film.

We filmed her using a "Go-Pro" camera, hence the slightly 'fish-eye' effect which is inherent in these cameras.

When I get the chance I will edit the next part of the filming we did, when I depth-charged her...in South Africa we have fire-crackers that explode underwater. Great fun..but also the reason she is currently under repair....we managed to blow a tiny pin-hole sized breach in the pressure hull.....OOOPS !

Hope you enjoy the film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pki9oWyvZwY
lotharbucheim

Re: Engel Type 212 - video

Postby raalst » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:42 am

very nice filming ! what camera did you use ?
Regards,

Ronald van Aalst

--------------------------------------------
Just here to Learn
raalst
SubCommittee Member

Postby Sub culture » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:03 pm

Have another look at the second paragraph, Ron.
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Perez Turner » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:35 am

lotharbucheim wrote:Hi everyone,

Here is a link to the film I have posted on Youtube of my Engel Models Type 212 submarine "Scire". It is 1/70th scale, which is close enough to be in-line with my other 1/72 scale r/c models. You can see my H.M.S. Guernsey ( Deans Marine ) along side her in the 'harbour' at Durban Model boat club. This is a superb kit, which took me away from my next project ( the Fleetscale Type 21 in 1/72 scale ) but it was well worth it. She runs like a dream and is fairly easy to build. Out-of-the-box, if you follow the instructions, it is a brilliant kit. The ubiquitous "Das Boot" music makes up the soundtrack, but there really isn't any better submarine soundtrack is there? I managed to find some sound-bytes from an Italian TV documentary about the real "Scire" which are also in the film.

We filmed her using a "Go-Pro" camera, hence the slightly 'fish-eye' effect which is inherent in these cameras.

When I get the chance I will edit the next part of the filming we did, when I depth-charged her...in South Africa we have fire-crackers that explode underwater. Great fun..but also the reason she is currently under repair....we managed to blow a tiny pin-hole sized breach in the pressure hull.....OOOPS !

Your Idea is nice and effective. Especially the information about scales is informative but you may learn more knowledge from scaleforless.com. This is also an effective source of knowledge for scales.
Perez Turner

Postby lotharbucheim » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:48 pm

Thank you Perez for your kind comments. I visited scalesforless.com, and it was, as you suggested, one of the best sources of scale information on the internet. Making a cake-mix will never be a problem again.
lotharbucheim

Return to R/C Modeler