Banner Ad 1

New Member with question

Place for general submarine conversation

New Member with question

Postby gogiantks » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:12 pm

Hi Everybody,
Finally made the plunge for a Sub( pun intended). I built the 1/72 Gato for static and when I saw the Skipjack, it was love at first sight. I have a 20 year old Mister Darby and a Deans Container ship and have been building and flying Giant Scale R/C Aircraft for 30 years. I'm building the Moebuis Skipjack and have installed most of the sub driver kit, except for the WTC mounts. I'm thinking of going with the complete SAS system with snort. Sounds great, but have any of you used the set up?
Ken Shapiro, Albany Ca.
P.S. I can't believe I'm going to miss the event in GG Park, having back surgery a couple of days before and my wife has grounded me.
gogiantks
SubCommittee Member

Re: New Member with question

Postby salmon » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:26 pm

Welcome to the SubCommittee!
It is great to see new folks getting into subs. It is the most challenging and rewarding hobby I have been in!
I know of several people that are using it and love it.
I am in the middle of my build of the Skipjack, but building mine out as the Scamp. Possibly, be able to get her in the water this weekend for trimming her out.
I pray the back surgery goes well and you are up and about in no time. If you have any questions, ask.
If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.
salmon
SubCommittee Member

Re: New Member with question

Postby gogiantks » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Thanks for the info and nice thoughts.
Ken
gogiantks
SubCommittee Member

Return to General