Banner Ad 1

Disney Store - All the 20K stuff is for sale already!!!

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

Postby FX Models » Wed Mar 03, 2004 10:57 pm

yet another eBay-er trying to sell that disney Nautilus for a real "steal" at $489.00 if you buy-it-now....

Am I missing something? Isnt this a $250 item in the Disney store???? [yes I know the store is closed tonight...]

Must be looney I am... must be...

Marc
FX Models

Postby Lundberg » Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:33 pm

Hi all,

I ordered the "Captain Nemo's Diving Helmet" replica from the Disneystore a couple of weeks ago.

It arrived today, at least that's what I thought...

When I opened the box, which by the way had the proper partnumber on it, the box contained the "Nautilus Crewman Diving Helmet" instead :-/

In the bottom of the stand however was the text "Captain Nemo's Helmet" so it seems the wrong helmet was packed in the box.

After a quick look in the 20K Yahoogroups I found out that others also had experienced the same problem so I called the Disneystore basically at once.

They were very helpful and they knew about the problem with the helmets packed in the wrong boxes, they would send me the proper helmet (they still had them in store) without any additional costs and I was to keep the helmet I received, I guess it would probably cost more to ship it back to the US than the helmet itself ;-)

/Bjorn in Sweden
Lundberg

Postby Thomcmdchief » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:22 pm

Just checked the Disney Store site this morning and the Nautilus is now officially sold out. I guess should anyone want one, Ebay will be the only game in town.

Thom
Thomcmdchief

Postby modelnut » Thu Mar 11, 2004 2:58 pm

I had the same problem with my Helmet. Got a crewman instead of the Captain's. Disney person said that they got the item numbers mixed up on the site and in the catalog. In other words, after choosing the number for each item they told us the wrong numbers.

??? Strangely I was told that a Return label was on the way. No one offered to let me keep the one I have now. :(

-Leelan
modelnut
SubCommittee Member

Postby Novagator » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:04 pm

Thomcmdchief wrote:Just checked the Disney Store site this morning and the Nautilus is now officially sold out. I guess should anyone want one, Ebay will be the only game in town.

Thom

I have one that is being returned, because the forward rake broke off in shiping.
John Cottingham
Sub Committee Member #2721
Novagator
SubCommittee Member

Postby Thomcmdchief » Thu Mar 11, 2004 3:53 pm

I recieved one with the forward raker broken off as well. Contacted Disney, they immediatley sent out another which should be here tomorrow. I asked them how many they had left and as of last Tuesday, they had less than one hundred I have to take the broken one to the local Disney store.

Thom
Thomcmdchief

Previous

Return to Television and Movie Submarines