Banner Ad 1

Who to Contact to buy New T Shirts

Place for general submarine conversation

Who to Contact to buy New T Shirts

Postby Jure George » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Hello

I would like to know whom do I seek to contact reg. this year`s SubCommittee T shirt purchase and what they look like. It look`s like I won`t be able to make it there BUT at least I can buy a T shirt or two to help the club.

Thanks

George
Geroge Tonkovic
Jure George

Re: Who to Contact to buy New T Shirts

Postby JefftyToo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:14 am

Chris Campbell is having them made up for sale at the Regatta as we speak/type. You can see this year's design right on the SubCommittee home page: click on the shirt image for a larger view. Shirts can be ordered online during pre-registration for the event, but since you're not planning to attend, yours (and others) will need to be ordered elsehow. Not sure how that'll be handled (can anyone help me out here with non-attendee ordering info.?), but I'm sure there are always some shirts still available post-Regatta. Thanks, George, for wanting to help out with shirt purchases even though you can't join us!

Best,
JeffP
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby Crazy Ivan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Last year we had several people who could not attend, but did purchase t-shirts. Pretty much they arranged to have one of the attendees who lived relatively close by (say 50 miles?) meet them at a mutually agreeable location to deliver their shirt. One fellow, however, lived half a world away. By chance, I knew someone who's business made regular shipments there, and we were able to piggy-back the shirt in with one of them at no charge. But this was a lucky one-time deal.

Perhaps for future SubRegattas we might consider offering the option of shipping the t-shirt for an additional fee. This could be made available for a limited time, centered around the event, and might help in liquidating leftover inventory. Of course, someone connected with the SubRegatta would have to volunteer to physically store the shirts, package them, and take them to the shipper. Just a thought.
George "Crazy Ivan" Protchenko

“There are the assassins, the dealers in death; I am the Avenger!”-Nemo
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request; means No!"-Capt.Barbossa
Crazy Ivan
SubCommittee Member

Postby salmon » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:48 pm

I would be willing to pay shipping! (If someone is willing to ship it for me)
If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.
salmon
SubCommittee Member

Postby Robert F. » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:49 pm

So would I!

Robert
Robert F.
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:30 pm

Let me see if I can arrange a pick-up at Carmel. If I can, I will be glad to work with you on the shipping.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Robert F. » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:24 pm

That would be great, Jeff! Mine would be a size XL....

Robert
Robert F.
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:21 pm

...just a reminder that you will still need to purchase a t-shirt through the regatta registration process......

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Jure George » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:10 pm

Hi Jeff

To confirm, since I can not make the regatta, I still have to go online to register to buy the shirt OR can I just have someone who is going there buy it for me and bring it back with them OR maybe someone there, I can send the funds to and he would mail it to me?

George
Geroge Tonkovic
Jure George

Postby JWLaRue » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:23 pm

George,

The best way to ensure that you can get a regatta t-shirt (and in your size) is to use the regatta registration page and buy it now. You do not need to actually register for the regatta...just buy the t-shirt.

Then someone who attends the regatta can pick it up for you. How that person gets the t-shirt to you will depend on whether that person can hand deliver it to you or needs to mail it to you.

I understand that t-shirts can be purchased at the regatta, but there wouldn't be a guarantee that the right size is available.

-does that help?

Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Jure George » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:53 pm

Hi Jeff

Perfectly clear now.

Thanks

George
Geroge Tonkovic
Jure George

Postby lhdockyard1 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:32 pm

Hey guys, since I am constantly shipping things I would be happy to take care of shipping shirts to whomever might want to buy one and need it shipped. Probably the best plan would be to pre-purchase the shirt and leave directions that it should be given to me at the regatta. Then when I get back I can make arrangement to get them shipped and collect the shipping costs. Hope this helps solve a problem

Don Loyalhanna Dockyard
lhdockyard1
SubCommittee Member

Postby JefftyToo » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:27 am

Don,

You are the absolute best. Much appreciated! (Where have you been all our lives?) [Joke.]

JeffP
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby lhdockyard1 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:31 pm

No Problem, happy to help. I never realized this was a problem for people until this thread was pointed out to me or I would have offered sooner. Next year maybe we can make it official right from the start of things. Anybody that wants to take advantage of this please pm me or e-mail at lhdockyard@aol.com so I know how many shirts I am collecting and for who.

Don
Loyalhanna Dockyard
lhdockyard1
SubCommittee Member

Postby spongjim » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:28 pm

Are there any regatta shirts left over ? I would like to get a few if there is .
In 3 x please .

Jim
spongjim
SubCommittee Member

Next

Return to General