Banner Ad 1

air bladder system advice please

R/C Submarine modelers

air bladder system advice please

Postby theraven » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:37 pm

hi all
I want to install a water/air bladder in my robbe u47.. do I need to install a sort of 1 way valve?
so when it fills with water I get empty and keep closed? any help would be great
many thx
theraven
theraven

Re: air bladder system advice please

Postby Sub culture » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:53 pm

Depends on the system you're using and the pump.
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby theraven » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:10 pm

hi mate
will be water or air filled as will be getting a pump to fill capable of water or air realy need to no is how to empty and keep empty until I need to fill again
hope that makes sense lol
cheers
theraven

Postby Sub culture » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:12 am

As I said depends on the type of pump you're using and the type of system, and you haven't been too specific in your reply.

If the system pressurizes the air inside the boat and your pump is not a self sealing type, then you will probably need a valve. If the system is aspirated or you have a self sealing pump e.g. peristaltic, then you may not need a valve.

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby theraven » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:01 am

hi mate

lookin to do something along this setup also there is also a pump which which does forw/reverse this will go in wtc main prob is to get rid of water

thx again
theraven

Postby Sub culture » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:39 am

That's an RCABS system. You do need a large tank to get scale waterline on a U47, generally 750-1000ml depending on what you have modelled above the waterline. So it will need a large bag, which isn't always easy to find in the right shape (one of the chief disadvantages of using a bag).

A system you may like to consider is a Kavan geared water pump, pumping in and out of a vented fixed tank. The vent should go into the conning tower, and the boat trimmed so the top of the conning tower is afloat when the tank is fully filled. This will enable the tank to be emptied. This system doesn't give full static dive, but it's inexpensive (about £30-35) and easy to build and will work very well with the Robbe boat, and you don't require any valves. The tank can be constructed from ordinary plastic pipe (PVC, ABS, acrylic etc..) with solvent welded endcaps.

Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler