Banner Ad 1

Surcouf Research

Place for general submarine conversation

Surcouf Research

Postby Lash151 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:00 am

Hi... I thought I would share some research... tell me if you seen all this before! I found some nice 3D images which are quite informative...

Lash151

Re: Surcouf Research

Postby Thor » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:51 am

Lee,

Those images have been around for quite a while. They are nice pieces of art work, but do not take them as anywhere close to being accurate. There are a number of glaring inaccuracies in those images. Finding accurate information for your project will be the biggest challenge. All of the information is out there, but you will have to dig to find it. May I suggest joining the SC first? You will have more access to information on all of the back issues of the SCR. May I, also, suggest you contact Ken Griffin? He has a wealth of information on that boat.

Matt
Thor
SubCommittee Member

Re: Surcouf Research

Postby Lash151 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:53 am

Thanks, I appreciate that... I suspected they wouldn't be 100% correct... I was studying some images on Turbo Squid recently of a WWI Sub Chaser and the mistakes in the illustration were dreadful... I do also have a stack of photos from the web I am looking through.... I just thought these were nice 'drawings'.
I will join the SC... the SCR looks very good.
Lee
Lash151

Return to General