Banner Ad 1

Vendor list?

Place for general submarine conversation

Vendor list?

Postby Robert F. » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:31 am

Can anybody tell me where the vendor list has gone since the main page was restyled? It's probably right under my nose somewhere, but, well, you know, I'm a bit of a internet illiterate...... :oops:

Robert
Robert F.
SubCommittee Member

Re: Vendor list?

Postby Robert F. » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:23 pm

82 viewers so far and not a single reply? Come on chaps, somebody must know the answer!

Robert
Robert F.
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:52 pm

We need Paul to chime in here since he led the web site re-design.

Calling Paul! :)

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby locoworks » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:21 am

I guess board index then Vendors ie viewforum.php?f=63
Tony :D :) :shock: :roll:
locoworks

Postby Robert F. » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:30 am

Jeff and Tony, thanks for replying.

Tony, yes, I found this section too, but the old vendor list contained far more names (in the drawings and electronics sections for example).

I know the old list was a bit outdated and some had gone out of business, but some remain and might be worth mentioning in the section, like Floating Drydock and Hansen Hobbies. Maybe they did not apply, maybe there was a fee involved. I don't know. I hope Paul can shed some light on this.

Robert
Robert F.
SubCommittee Member

Postby PaulC » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:08 am

Sorry, guys, I've spent next to no time on the boards the past week or so.

The vendor list as it existed before was not included in the initial roll-out of the new site. It was woefully out of date and the first stage was aimed at presenting the core info about our organization.

The next stage in development is a sub modeling resource section, a "model sub school" if you will. It will include an updated vendor list along with how-to's for getting started in the hobby. Give us some time to pull it all together.
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby Sub culture » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:16 am

A sub school/FAQ section would be invaluable, as consolidation of information is still an issue in this hobby, and it's the same questions that get asked over, and over again.

We appear to have one or two talents with regards to 3D CAD, and I wonder if they can be persuaded to lend their skills towards providing some nice graphical representations of ballast systems etc. In addition to photographs of the 'real' thing, they can provide a clearer view of the systems.

I think it would be beneficial to break down any pages of the section into 'basic' and 'advanced' tabs, especially things like calculating C.G, buoyancy etc.
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Robert F. » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:16 pm

Well Paul, that made it a lot clearer to me. Thanks!

I really appreciate all the work,time and effort you chaps have put in the new site, and I realize that a new site, like Rome, can´t be built in a day. So, knowing now that the vendor list will reappear in due time, I will just sit quietly and wait. :)

Robert
Robert F.
SubCommittee Member

Return to General