Banner Ad 1

Who actually makes sub kits?

Place for general submarine conversation

Re: Who actually makes sub kits?

Postby lhdockyard1 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:43 am

Hi Sam
Yes, I talk to Karl all the time and visit with him once a week or so. I hooked up with the 8 balls a few years ago.

I try to fill hull orders within a couple weeks. Sometimes that stretches out a little if work has me out of town or if I just received a number of orders all at once but I get to things as fast as humanly possible.

don
lhdockyard1
SubCommittee Member

Postby lhdockyard1 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:52 am

The 1/32 scale Type XXVI is now available. The first one was delivered and sold this past weekend in Groton at the run. We are working up a web page for it now and hope to have that up some time next week. The semi kit consists of molded fiberglass hull, deck and conning tower and an 8 piece cast resin appendages set. There is a great amount of detail molded into the fiberglass parts Any questions please feel free to ask at lhdockyard@aol.com. Thanks. Don
lhdockyard1
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bigdave » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:25 pm

I am going to post some photos as soon as I get to my laptop.
Very nice boat kit. BD. 8)

I will post my photos in the New Products section so I don't have to double post. :roll: :mrgreen:
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:41 pm

Agreed....a very nicely done hull kit. And of a unique subject as well. A numbe rof us got to 'fondle' the hull on Saturday. :lol:

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby lhdockyard1 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:38 pm

Thought I would liven things up again with information on what will most likely be the next release. We have secured the OTW molds for a German Type 205. These were in service from 1967 through 2005 with the German and Dutch navies. I believe this is in 1/24 scale but will have to check the dimensions and confirm this. I am in the process of cleaning the molds now and expect to start laying up the first one in the next 3 weeks or so. There will be cast resin appendages and most likely a prop as well. I will keep everybody posted as it progresses. As mentioned before I am open to suggestions of new hulls to be developed. Also here to help with fiberglass work. If you have something you need done let me know and I will see how I can help. Small runs are not a problem, even as small as 1 hull. Lets get this hobby kicked started and out of the doldrums we seem to be in. Thanks

Don
Loyalhanna Dockyard
lhdockyard1
SubCommittee Member

Previous

Return to General