Banner Ad 1

rc info

Place for general submarine conversation

rc info

Postby kurt250 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:17 pm

new to the r.c. sub world. need a good book on how to set up r.c. systems . need to learn how to use r.c. equipment and the small tricks of the hobby any suggestions out there. thanks, kurt250
kurt250

Re: rc info

Postby chips » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:36 pm

Traplet Publications has a book called SIMPLY MODEL SUBMARINES which has good information for the beginner. Otherwise the discussion boards here are a very good source of info.

Some of the basics are:
Get at least a 4 channel radio on a surface or boat frequency for the country you live in.
Generally the radio is set uo like this: left stick up/down is throttle; left stick left/right is ballast control; right stick up/down is dive planes; right stick left/right is rudder. If you have a 6 or more channel radio, use right stick up/down for forward or sail mounted dive planes; stern planes can be controlled by the rotary switch (often used for flaps on an airplane).
Fail safe to empty ballast tank is recommended.
Pitch controller for level sailing is connected to stern plane servo.
Bob Gesking
SC# 1575
KC8WPF
chips
SubCommittee Member

Re: rc info

Postby kurt250 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:00 am

thanks bob. i was into r.c. subs several years ago. got out of it and now back in. i never finished my alfa, but am finishing it now. some of my rc gear, rec, apc, speed control is from then. having to learn it all over again. kurt250
kurt250

Return to General