Banner Ad 1

Council Member Representation

Local Chapter covering Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas, and Nebraska.

Postby 82-1045851831 » Sun Mar 09, 2003 7:59 am

The Subcommitte is asking for a council member to represent us.Although we are just getting started,and is very early on,what do you guys think?
If anyone else wants too step up for the job,great.I will volanteer if nobody else will.
Also,who all do we have so far?Shouldn't we be voting on topics like this?Things will be coming up from time to time as we start this fledgling battle group.
Above all else,though,let's keep it fun.
Do we havea set logo yet guys?
Wayne
82-1045851831

Postby dietzer » Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:56 am

Ramius wrote:The Subcommitte is asking for a council member to represent us.Although we are just getting started,and is very early on,what do you guys think?
If anyone else wants too step up for the job,great.I will volanteer if nobody else will.
Also,who all do we have so far?Shouldn't we be voting on topics like this?Things will be coming up from time to time as we start this fledgling battle group.
Above all else,though,let's keep it fun.
Do we havea set logo yet guys?
Wayne

Wayne,

This probably is something to vote on. I, for one, am not interested in being the representative. So no one vote for me ! :D

Subcommittee Rules prohjbit posting member info on the lists, so I can not post a list of names here. So far, there have been 7 of us trading emails or posting that I am aware of from our five-state area. Since Paul is the contact person, he may have heard from more people than I have. There has been an additional SC member post from Arkansas, which I thought was covered by Subron6. Can someone confirm that ?

I got the new membership list, and I will be typing in the names and addresses of everyone in the SubRon5 area and sending them a contact letter. I'll probably work up a first draft and post it for review before sending it via snail mail. Hopefully we'll have managed to plan a fun run first...

BTW, I'm planning on asking each SC member to respond by mail, even if their response is: no thanks, and don't mail me again. That way if they don't want involved, and don't want to get SubRon5 mail, I won't keep sending them stuff they don't want.

Do the guys in Colorado have any events (other than the Regatta, which I already know of) this summer they'd like included in the contact letter ?

Carl
Carl Dietz
SC#2504
dietzer

Postby ThorDesign » Sun Mar 09, 2003 3:35 pm

Guys,

I am certainly willing to help out in any way I can. Can we share responsibilities? There are not that many of us right now. We need to write the rest of the guys in Texas and get them on board with the group. If you look in the new directory there is a lot of guys in Texas who have not responded.

:D
ThorDesign

Postby Tom Spettel » Sun Mar 09, 2003 11:41 pm

Guys i have had banner made up about a year ago. its about 7' long and about 3' wide. it has the famous pic of a UB type III breaking through rough water
inposed inside a oval and around it says RAIDERS OF THE DEEP i canhave the wording changed if you like
Tom
A list and a plunge and down she goes to Davy Jones.
Raiders of the Deep
Tom Spettel

Postby PaulC » Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:50 am

Wayne,

Did the SC say what a council member's responsiblities are? It'd be great if you wanted to do it. Anyone else interested?

Once we get an info/invite out to everyone in the SC in our area and tally up the responses we can start having more formal votes. Right now, if a fellow has the desire to run with something, I say carry on and we'll hash out the particulars here and via email. We're still small enough - at the moment - to do that.

Wayne and Carl are doing a terrific job hunting up a fun/run site. And Wayne, you are going to love the Alfa! Looks like we might be stalking each other's baffles this summer after all.
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby Tom Spettel » Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:24 am

Paul..how many alphas are there? mine is in refit right now.
Tom
A list and a plunge and down she goes to Davy Jones.
Raiders of the Deep
Tom Spettel

Postby PaulC » Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:42 am

Hi Tom,

I'm actually running a Thor LA and building a Permit so I've experienced the quality of Matt's work. And the assembly requirements for the Alfa are roughly equal to the Permit so it should be a breeze putting it together.

My comments to Wayne weren't so much an invitation to form a joint Alfa patrol as they were a playful warning that the USS Greeneville will be laying in wait for him once he gets her in the water... :D
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby 82-1045851831 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:03 pm

As this will be my first commission,paul will have an edge.
However,I have hyper accurate diagrams of "Red Route One" at San Gabriel.Playfully,your on!
So far,Matt has been a wealth of information and I enjoy very much writing him.Have only seen pictures of his hulls,but will have mine this week.The learning curve is going on.Now I can look at a picture and see how much is already done for the builder compared to other kits.
Folks,spend a little more,get much more.Worth it! I'll stick with matt until the prop falls off.
By the way guys,carl should be getting pictures of sites to us all soon.I have a favorite place,but they will all work fine.
There is just something cool about seeing the bottom in 4 plus feet of water.It even has "sub pen" access to Red Route One.You will see.
Looking forward to meeting everyone.Hope the whole country shows up.Its all about having fun,right?
Then there are the ducks.I certain I heard one brodcasting a code in a foreign language.....
82-1045851831

Postby 82-1045851831 » Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:09 pm

Tom,
E-mail me.Would like to hear about the alfa and would love to see a picture if you have one.
82-1045851831

Postby ThorDesign » Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:01 am

Flight III LA

You will have to deal with SSN 754 on Patrol. With the Greenville and Topeka working together, the Alfa has no chance! :D
ThorDesign

Postby ThorDesign » Wed Mar 12, 2003 12:07 am

Wayne,

Besides Topeka and Greenville prowling the waters, you will also have to deal with the WOLF!

You are going to need LOTS of help, my friend. Flood tubes three & four. Open outer doors....:p
ThorDesign

Return to SubRon5