Banner Ad 1

SubComMI at the Santa Clara County Model Aircraft show

Western US Coast Local Chapter - Mare Island

SubComMI at the Santa Clara County Model Aircraft show

Postby DMarquez3014 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:32 am

Hello there

I want to share with you the recent event that took place on July 7th, Mark Jones was invited by Dave Neves to set up a show and tell booth for our group at 2012 Model Aircraft Show at Santa Clara County Model Aircraft Skypark in Morgan Hill. Mark Jones and I arrived in the morning set up booth, Dave Neves graciously offered us a 12' x 12' shade tent which to set up our tables under. Mark puchased an inflatable pool that was 120" x 48" x 22" deep to demo the boats in the water. We both brought an impressive display of subs, we talked and did Q/A handed out Sub Committee brouchers and Fun Run fliers to those who are interested. Our freinds from the Western Warship Combat group was also there with a display. We had a whole mixed of people who were interested in our boats and the kids were wowed when we operated the boats and dived&surfaced them in the pool. In all it was a great susscess. Dave invited us back for next years show which we said we will return. Next year Mark will have some toy r/c-subs for the kids to play with and we will also have a new Sub Committee banner for the booth display. I look forward to attending. :D

Manning the SubComMI booth.
Mark Jones impressive display.
Mark Jones preping his Small World Blueback for demonstration.
Mark Jones sets up a demonstration pool.
My DE Skipjack in the water of the demo pool.
Our table top display.
Our table top display will have a SubComMI banner next year.
Your's truely answered questions about the Engel Lafayette tech rack.
DMarquez3014
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubComMI