Banner Ad 1

Help needed on new battery charger

R/C Submarine modelers

Help needed on new battery charger

Postby P Webster » Sat May 12, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi guys,
I have just bought a new battery charger and I am wondering if anyone has used these themselves. The charger is a B610 ac Intelligent Balance Charger and when I hook up a 12v SLA battery it registers 2 v and 0.2a. I cannot find out anything from the instruction booklet that comes with the unit and would appreciate some assistance.
P Webster
SubCommittee Member

Re: Help needed on new battery charger

Postby chips » Fri May 25, 2012 12:23 am

I assume that the charger us capable of charging NiCd/NiMh, Li-Po and SLA batteries. Look at the buttons on the front or top of the charger. You'll need to scroll through the various menus on the charger to select the battery type; then voltage and amperage. The charger may even have discharge or battery cycling capabilities.

I have a similar charger and below is the short version of how I set it.

The left button (Batt Type/Stop) probably scrolls throught the battery menu - select PB or Lead.
The right button (Start/Enter) allows you to select the various sub menus.
Push the Start button to pull up the charge menu; use the + (increase) and - (decrease) keys to select the specific item.
Push the start button - to select charge amp rate, use the + button to match the amp rating of the battery.
Push the start button to select the volt rate of the battery, use the + button to match the volt rating.'
Push the start button again, and connect the battery. Push the start button to start charging, you may have to push Start again to confirm charging.
Bob Gesking
SC# 1575
KC8WPF
chips
SubCommittee Member

Postby Giovanni » Fri May 25, 2012 6:05 pm

I did not like the programming of the B610 and ended up buying a Hyperion charger.
You have the newer version and is most likely easier to use.
Kind regards,
Giovanni

Alexander Engel 1/48th scale Gato
Graupner MC-19 radio converted to 75MHZ

"Anything one man can imagine, other men can make real." — Jules Verne
Giovanni
SubCommittee Member

Postby P Webster » Tue May 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Thanks for the replies guys . I did figure it out with a lot of help from my son's girlfriend, these women can be useful on occasion. I now have to figure out the charge rate that will give me the best result for this battery. :D :D
P Webster
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Tue May 29, 2012 9:15 pm

SLAs will almost certainly be a charge rate of 0.1C. (C = the total amp hours a full battery holds)

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler