Banner Ad 1

Transmitters avalible for submarines

R/C Submarine modelers

Re: Transmitters avalible for submarines

Postby Wayne Frey » Sun May 20, 2012 12:27 pm

Kevin,
After a bidding war on ebay, this is what I got:
Apparenty, there are different versions of Futaba 9CAP radios. This one is a CHP version. Someone wanted it bad, and I probably paid too much, but I got it. I noticed it has a small helicopter icon on the display screen. I think that is what the H in CHP stands for. Which is fine. As long as it drives my boat.
I also have the Specktra adjustable modules (for two transmitters), and these came in the other day :
So, I have one for the Borie,one for the X tail Akula, a spare for the field box,and the "ghost programmer", whic was not required, but not much money.
So, bid on ANY 9CAP for my second one?
SCM #653
SubCommittee Vice President 2006-2008
Author-Russian Submarines, Guardians of the Motherland
Member-Saint Petersburg Russia Submarine Club
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Postby Giovanni » Sun May 20, 2012 10:22 pm

It would be interesting to find someone that can hack into the radio screen software to create
marine graphics and data. :idea: You would think that someone has hacked into it by now. :?:
I bought the Graupner MC-19 because it has aircraft, land and marine data screen. :mrgreen:
Kind regards,
Giovanni

Alexander Engel 1/48th scale Gato
Graupner MC-19 radio converted to 75MHZ

"Anything one man can imagine, other men can make real." — Jules Verne
Giovanni
SubCommittee Member

Postby oldmscle » Mon May 21, 2012 4:18 pm

Congrats Wayne, looks like you got hooked up. I picked up a Futaba T9ZHP Wc2 on E-Bay a couple of weeks ago (It was like new and no one else was even bidding on it...guess I got lucky). New, these radios retailed for $1200+ andnow we're picking them up for a fraction of that cost...I do love a deal! it came with a 72MHz module and was set up for helicopters (which these radios are definately meant for), but I also picked up a couple of Futaba 75MHz modules for channel 82 and 73 which work great in this radio. I appreciate the heads up on the Spectrum adjustable module, I ordered one from Toms R/C. Despite the fact that these radios were meant for airplane use , we'll just have to ignore the airplanes on the screen. its well worth that small sacrafice to get all those added functions and 9 channels in such a great radio.
Failure Is Not An Option
oldmscle

Postby KevinMc » Mon May 21, 2012 6:14 pm

Wayne Frey wrote:Kevin,
After a bidding war on ebay, this is what I got:
Apparenty, there are different versions of Futaba 9CAP radios. This one is a CHP version. Someone wanted it bad, and I probably paid too much, but I got it. I noticed it has a small helicopter icon on the display screen. I think that is what the H in CHP stands for. Which is fine. As long as it drives my boat.
I also have the Specktra adjustable modules (for two transmitters), and these came in the other day :
So, I have one for the Borie,one for the X tail Akula, a spare for the field box,and the "ghost programmer", whic was not required, but not much money.
So, bid on ANY 9CAP for my second one?

Congrats on the win Wayne, the 9C is a highly capable radio. There's little difference between the Heli and Airplane versions. They both have the same software, but the Heli version defaults to helis for new models and the Airplane version defaults new models to airplanes. (They can of course be changed as you require, and you're probably in a better place if you use airplane mode for your subs.) The other difference is a switch layout thing- on the upper corners the Heli radio has a 3-pos on the left side (Sw-E) and a 2-pos on the right (Sw G). The aiplane version has these two switches reversed, that is to say 2-pos left and 3-pos right.

One thing you might want to be particular about is whether your next 9C is a "super" or not, based on what you've got now. If you're looking to make sure you've got the same thing that's a bigger change than heli vs. airplane.
Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
KMc Designs
SC #2870
SubComOn
KevinMc
SubCommittee Member

Postby Wayne Frey » Mon May 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Thanks Kevin. I might have lived and died and never figured out the difference between a helo and airplane 9CAP.
But what, is a "super"?
SCM #653
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Postby KevinMc » Thu May 24, 2012 12:30 pm

The super version adds some additional programming features, but IMO they aren't particularly useful for subs. One important difference though is that the data format used to save models on the Super isn't backwards-compatible with the non-Super version so you can't share model back and forth between them on a Campac. If you've got one non-Super and are in the market for a second I'd try to get that as a non-Super as well.
Kevin McLeod - Oscar II driver
KMc Designs
SC #2870
SubComOn
KevinMc
SubCommittee Member

Postby tsenecal » Thu May 24, 2012 3:57 pm

more than you will ever care to know about futaba computerized radios:

http://www.futaba-rc.com/systems/feature-compare.html
tsenecal
SubCommittee Member

Postby Wayne Frey » Thu May 24, 2012 9:17 pm

That... is a lot of information.
So, is mine a super, or not? How can I tell? And mine is a golden shade to it. I have noticed most are silver. Mean anything?
SCM #653
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Postby tsenecal » Thu May 24, 2012 11:59 pm

based on the photo of yours, i don't think yours is a "super".

in your photo, it has "T9CHP" to the left of the lcd display, and "Computerized Helicopter System" above the lcd display, all in an orange colored font.

on my 9c, it has "T9CAP" in white lettering centered above the LCD in white lettering, and directly below it also centered above the lcd in a smaller font it has the word "super"

tsenecal
SubCommittee Member

Previous

Return to R/C Modeler