Banner Ad 1

My Dog - the Nautilus

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

My Dog - the Nautilus

Postby Carcharadon » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:59 am

Links do not work
Last edited by Carcharadon on Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carcharadon

Postby Bob the Builder » Sat Feb 21, 2004 1:37 pm

Hmmm..... perhaps a Flavolina Oculina got sucked into your pumps?

(Only a 20K fan would ever know what I'm talking about...)
Bob Martin,
RCSub homepage: http://www.rc-sub.com
Bob the Builder
SubCommittee Member

Postby USS Silversides » Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:32 pm

Poor Flavolina Oculina.... :D
USS Silversides

Postby Carcharadon » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:07 pm

Links do not work
Last edited by Carcharadon on Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carcharadon

Postby modelnut » Sat Feb 21, 2004 3:12 pm

"Go ahead. Hit me. You can't miss it."
(Name the scene!)

The weird thing is that I got infected by the book long before I saw the movie. I think I read both 20K and "Mysterious Island" years before I saw the movie.

I was outraged by Goff's design! But I soon got over that and fell in love with that NAUTILUS as well as the one in my imagination.

Just mention the word, "NAUTILUS", and I come to attention.

Ya know. There are probably drugs that could cure this...
-Leelan
modelnut
SubCommittee Member

Postby Captain Nemo12 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:05 pm

NAUTILUS! :D

"I'll give anything to shake hands with a tree again!"
280 meters.... and she's still in one piece!
-Jurgen Prochnow, Das Boot.

http://eisernwolf.blog.com
Captain Nemo12

Postby Wbnemo1 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:44 pm

LOL you all got it wrong!................... :)"Flabellina Oculina" is the correct name and spelling...Ned and Counseil are in Ned's cabin pouring out the grog til put messages into bottles..ned's not paying attention and swalls this specimen..trivia for you guys

What is a flabellina Oculina........
Scene" Go ahead you cant miss it: this is the scene that ned has just wolloped Conseil for spying on him,he doesnt like to whollope anybody but ya had it coming lad......he's now sticking out his chin for him to hit him back...but counseil has a better plan and sucker punches him............
William

ps..........Nice job on the jet Nautilus

Edited By Wbnemo1 on 1077414356
Wbnemo1

Postby Wbnemo1 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:50 pm

The Disney Nautilus is just the most beautiful ship to ever grace the silver screen,it's a passion for me plain and simple!
William
Wbnemo1

Postby Captain Nemo12 » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:20 pm

I first found the Disney Nautilus a bit surprising since it's not like what I've imagined it at all, but after watching the movies a few times or so (The truth is that I watched it 11 times, you could say a few:D), I found it col in it's own way. I have a website about my opinions on the sub and a few other of my projects here's the adress:

Captain Nemo's Nautilus

You also access it on the SubComm Links page (If the adress is wrong of course...heh! :D
280 meters.... and she's still in one piece!
-Jurgen Prochnow, Das Boot.

http://eisernwolf.blog.com
Captain Nemo12

Postby Captain Nemo » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:40 am

The NAUTILUS aint nothin' but OPTICAL OPIUM! It looks so good it's totally addictive! There is so much detail there, so many pleasing lines and interesting contrasts, you could burn your eyeballs to raisins and love every minute of it. It is just the coolest looking submarine that ever was or ever will be. Bar none.

I saw the movie before I could read; got into the book afterwards. Like the rest of you, I lost track of how many times I've gone through both.

It's an obsession for sure. Why did I build the NAUTILUS MINISUB? Because I could. Why did I build the NEMOSUIT? I thought it would look good with the submarine. Why am I building the NAUTILUS DIVER? Well, we wouldn't want the NEMOSUIT to get lonely, now would we?

So now I spend my days enslaved to projects that own me; I don't own them. But I aint complaining. I count myself as one lucky Leaguer.

Hey, that would be a good name for a new homebrew beer: LUCKY LEAGUER. Could have a picture of the sub on the bottle..... :D

"Far better that they think me a monster, and hunt me with harpoons."

Pat
VULCANIA SUBMARINE: Home of the Nautilus Minisub and 20,000 Leagues Diving Suits
Captain Nemo

Postby Carcharadon » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:25 am

Links do not work
Last edited by Carcharadon on Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carcharadon

Postby Captain Nemo » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:59 pm

"OPTICAL OPIUM"

Heh! Thanks! I've been known to come up with a few zingers in my time; usually in the flash of pain that follows a sharp self-inflicted blow to the cerebral area.

After a while I'll hear my catch-phrase coming back round from other people. I'll mention that I coined the term, and everyone says, "Oh, you did not."

So, remember: you heard it here first, folks.

Of course, now that I've said that, people will probably avoid the term like the plague.

Pat
VULCANIA SUBMARINE: Home of the Nautilus Minisub and 20,000 Leagues Diving Suits
Captain Nemo

Return to Television and Movie Submarines