Banner Ad 1

Engel Tmax troubles any one who has one

This is the place to post your submarine build- ups.

Engel Tmax troubles any one who has one

Postby brutis11 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:34 pm

I have hooked up my t max and motors to the cilinders and am having a problem, using K5 to test hooks to my receiver and it is a 3 position switch, using a regular servo to test in the I position servo is on 1 side, switching to 2 position it it goes to middle and 3 goes to other side.Then I removed the servo from the test When I put power to the tmax I here a relay pull in and the piston on both sides pull the piston all the way in and then it pushes out and stops. I tried moving the 3 position switch and nothing happens. I have the poitioners hooked to the tmax but do not have the them hooked to the receiver yet, also I do not have the pleasure switch hooked up yet. I followed the wiring diagram to the tea and triple checked my work what is going wrong? Could it be that I do not have K6 &K7 hooked to the receiver. any Ideas. I am stopping right now to I here from you I don’t want to break anything, but funny thing is when I turn power it cycles every time, but wont work after that.
Any Ideas?
Thank
you
Jim Davis
brutis11

Re: Engel Tmax troubles any one who has one

Postby Sub culture » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:40 am

Pleasure switch?

What's that then, sounds interesting- you must have the deluxe model. :P

I dare say 'Wheelerdealer' or 'Bob the builder' can give you some tips on this on this one.
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby brutis11 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:25 pm

Good day
after rechecking my wiring all is good and I was still having error. I was on channel 8 which was a 3 way switch. on my radio I have another 3 way switch on channel 5. I changed the programing to make channel 5 a switch. Now everything is working right. I am getting 90% stop and move switch now get 100% so it must have been my radio
so life is good, now I have to drill lots of holes
JIm
brutis11

Postby brutis11 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:29 pm

Sometimes, a model can be overengineered :roll:
brutis11

Postby StuartL » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:50 pm

brutis11 wrote:Sometimes, a model can be overengineered :roll:

Sometimes a model isn't overengineered. That's slightly rarer :)
StuartL

Postby brutis11 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:30 pm

The mystry problem started up again so in my frustation I removed all wireing from boat and tested all switches and as running new wire I Ohmed it out and to my surprise everythig works correctly. Now what caused the problem I went back through all of the wire I removed and found a bad servo harness and and a bad piece of #14 guage wire I had used for the main bus, so I was looking at a couple of bad pieces of wire and I could have also reversed wired something in the process. So I am happy now and am enjoying the build of the model and I can apprecate the detail that was put into the hull. Thanks all for your comments and help on this issue, but it is over now.
Thanks again
Jim :)
brutis11

Return to Builder Threads