Banner Ad 1

It's Time

Place for general submarine conversation

Re: It's Time

Postby JefftyToo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:53 am

Mike,

I just last week lost a close friend I've known since long-ago college days to ovarian cancer. She was something special, so I may have at least the barest, tiniest inkling of what you're going through now with your loss of Barb. My deepest sympathies. As for the rest of it, say it ain't so! I'm SO sorry to hear of your own condition; may you continue to fight the good fight, knowing you have such strong support and so many good SubCommittee thoughts behind you. I've always enjoyed our chats (and much appreciated your advice!) at the many Golden Gate Park Casting Pond fun runs in which we've interacted. I hope to see you again, and I'm sure something can be worked out with your wonderful boats such that they may be able to carry on your amazing sub hobby legacy—with you yet cheering from the sidelines...or rather, the pond banks!

My sincere condolences,
Jeff Porteous
Sure writing is easy: just sit staring at a blank page until the drops of blood start forming on your forehead.
JefftyToo
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:56 pm

Mike - We are all so sorry to hear of your loss. Those of us who met Barb when she would come to the SubRegattas with you in your honkin big RC, know what a great lady she was. I am sure long time SubCommittee member Steve Jensen, who passed away today is saying hello to her for all of us in the great hearafter.

If anyone lives within 500 miles of Mike - you should take him up on his offer - Mike is one of the fathers of RC subs and his stuff is the best!!
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby PaulC » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:07 am

Mike,

My heartfelt condolences on the loss of your wife. I will be praying for your health as well and that God will comfort and strengthen you as only He can.

Let me also offer my thanks for your tremendous contributions to our hobby in general, and the SubCommittee in particular. We enjoy them today thanks to the pioneering work of gentlemen such as yourself. Your gentlemanly demeanor through it all has been equally significant and memorable.
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby donO » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:49 pm

Mike,

Both Patti and I are so sorry to hear of the loss of your wife and of your recent remission. We both enjoyed talking with you both at the regattas and have missed you both in the last couple of years.

As others have already said you are a true gentleman with a great knowledge of RC subs and you are always willing to pass this knowledge on to anyone who asks. Even though I have heard the missile through the window story a few times, it is always great to hear you tell it.

We pray that you will be successful in your battle so that we may get to see and talk with you again.

Don and Patti
Don Osler

donO
SubCommittee Member

Postby roberthusar » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:46 pm

Who ever take the boats should make a contribution of it's value to the American Cancer Society in Mike and Barb's name. Just my $0.02.

Best wishes Mike and deep regret for your loss.
roberthusar

Postby SubEd Tordahl » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:52 pm

Sorry for your loss, and for not reaching out these past few years Mike.
However you always were, and always be on my mind and be my inspiration.
AYS,
"Sub" Ed Tordahl
"Here on the ocean floor is the only independence......
Here I am free......" Nemo
BLUEBACK-GRANT-K432-KEY WEST-PATRICK HENRY
PROTEUS-NAUTILUS-SEAVIEW-SHARK
SubEd Tordahl

Previous

Return to General