Banner Ad 1

SubRon6 Spring Fun - May 17, 2003, Carmel, Indiana

Know of an upcoming modeling event?

Postby webmaster » Sun Feb 23, 2003 9:18 pm

SubRon6 Spring Fun Run
May 17, 2003, Carmel, Indiana

For more information contact John Schagane info@SubRon6.com or visit the SubCommittee Events page for updates.

Andy Hunt
SubCommittee Webmaster
webmaster
Site Admin

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:36 pm

See announcement below on the May 17, 2003 SubRon6 fun run in Carmel Indiana. No judging, just great guys and a heck of a lot of fun in a beautiful, brand new, football field-sized man made hard bottom 3 foot deep pond. :cool:

Edited By TMSmalley on 1052406612
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby TMSmalley » Tue Mar 11, 2003 2:37 pm

Here is a FLASH TRAFFIC from John Schagane about our upcoming SubRon6 May 17 Fun run in Carmel Indiana (northern 'burb of Indianapolis). Remember to log onto SubRon6 website www.SubRon6.com for maps and hotel info!

####FLASH TRAFFIC#### ####FLASH TRAFFIC#### ####FLASH TRAFFIC####
The weather is starting to turn warmer and the realization that our first run of the year is near. For some of us we spent the winter turning our hard work into finely crafted ships. For others of us (me), there were never enough free hours in a week to spend much time on our boats.

I would like to take this opportunity to give a special thanks to two members of our group. I hope that most, if not all of you have been able to make it out to the new SubRon6 web site at www.SubRon6.com . It was designed by Jerome Simon and with the help of Tim Smalley as an administrator it has turned into a great site. Thanks Guys!!

As a group we can continue to improve the site. We have started to add the pictures of SubRon6 members, their boats and projects. We would like to encourage everyone to send their pictures to Tim or I so we can get them added to the site. We will also be taking pictures at all of our events this year to add to the site.

We have had several inquiries on how to become a SubRon6 member so we will be adding a new link to our web site that will provide a form to fill out that can be electronically sent to one of us to review and approve. The only thing that we ask is that to become a SubRon6 member that they be members in good standing with the SubCommittee. There are several reasons for this requirement but one of the biggest is that as members of the SubCommittee we are covered by their insurance. I have requested a hard copy from the SC president. If you have any suggestions or ideals please let us know. Remember everyone has a voice.

For me last season ended on a high note with the demonstration that SubRon6 put on at the 2002 National Submarine Veterans convention in Duluth. The event was organized by Tim Smalley and was very well received by our Veterans. And speaking of Tim and his great work, he has been working on our new SubRon6 banner to replace our original one that just seemed to vanish. He has been able to keep the cost down by doing a lot of the work himself. Steve Jensen and I have volunteered to split the cost with him and if anyone else would like to help let him know, it won't be very much.

As most now know, our first run of the year will be on May 17th in Carmel, Indiana at their new reflecting pool. Another special thanks to Carmel resident Chris Campbell, who is a new SubRon6 recruit for his work in setting this up. He just informed us that at least one Indianapolis TV station wants to do a live morning video shoot of us and our subs at the pond so be sure to comb your hair and brush your teeth! Since morning TV coverage the morning of the run should ensure a good turnout from the general public we have requested a quantity of the SubCommittee brochures from Jeff LaRue to introduce the hobby to attendees.

I have also attached a poster that you can print out about the run. Feel free to pass it out to anyone interested, including hobby shops.

We have heard from several members and some others that would like to come check us out so it looks like we should have a nice turnout. For those that have running boats, bring them, for those that have boats that are works in progress, bring them and for those that have yet to get a boat please come, this is the best place to help decide your next step in the hobby. I know at least 14 of us that will be arriving Friday night and staying at the Hampton Inn (Carmel, Indiana) with others arriving Saturday. If you or someone else will be there please let me know and I will try to update the list. Those that will be there Friday night I believe that we will be getting together for dinner so a good count would be nice.

You can pass this on to others if you want.

Arriving Friday

Tom Lustik Steve Jensen Tim Smalley

Virgil Brown Bob Gesking Al Bass

Jerome Simon John Schagane Casey Thrower

Jeff Jones
Chris Campbell
Art Meyer
Skip Asay
Matt Munger
Scott Steckler
Mike Day

Arriving Saturday
Mike Driskell
Andy Hunt?

Thanks,
Hope to see you all in May.

John Schagane ~ Lexington, KY
SubRon6

Edited By TMSmalley on 1050151609
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby 68-1046821426 » Thu May 08, 2003 12:31 am

Hey Guys,

Looks like I may have to bow out for this Fun Run, I've got some family thing to go to (Really wanted to try that reflecting pool out). I've made it clear though that if the late summer/early fall one is at Carmel, I'll be there possibly with both subs.

Mike D. :angry:
68-1046821426

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas