Banner Ad 1

It's Time

Place for general submarine conversation

It's Time

Postby Mike Dory » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:36 pm

For all of us there is a time. As some of you know my wife Barb, passed away last week of cancer. Barb fought it hard for 5 yrs. Now my cancer as also come out of remission and I can no longer pick up
the boats that i had built. Chemo can take away every bit of energy you have. So I'm giving away All of my big boats to who ever can come and get them. They are a type 21, a Type 9, two type 23, a type 2, all of these are in 1/32 scale. there are two boat in 1/48 scale a home made U.S.S. Albacore and a hull only of a type9 that has never been built. Most of the modeling tools and spare parts are yours for the asking. There is also a 1/72 type 7, still in the box and a 1/96 scale U.S.S. Blue back. All of these boats ran well in the past. They will however, need new batteries and new seals before they hit the water again. As I only have one transmitter it goes with the first boat. You can look back at some of the regatta's photo's and there are a bunch of photos posted on this site under U-2513 and no, I don't do posting of photos well. so that's it. You may e-mail me at Seeya37@hotmail.com to get home address and a time to meet. I basically live I-15 and Hyw.74 in between L.A. and San Diego Ca. First come first serve.

I would like to say good by to every one, it's been great fun through the years. May God bless all of you.....Mike Dory
Mike Dory

Re: It's Time

Postby Thor » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:57 pm

Mike,

I wish you the very best in your fight, and my sincere condolences on the loss of your lovely Wife, Barb. All of us here at the SubCommittee would like to thank you for your endless contributions of time, talent, and genious that you have shared with us for the last several decades. May God bless you and your family.

Thank you for all of times you took to help me along! I will never forget them.

Your Friend,
Matt
Thor
SubCommittee Member

Postby spongjim » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Mike , I am so sorry for your loss . I will be praying for you . I was diagnoised in april with pancreatic cancer so I know about the chemo and how much it affects you . If there is ever a time you want to just talk please feel free to call me . My doctor told me to go home and get back in my shop ,build subs and put death out of my mind. Not a easy thing to do for sure. Mine is a stage 4 cancer and will never go away and can not be removed so its all in Gods hands now. I went through the depression real BAD until I seen a little girl getting chemo at the doctors office. I will be thinking about you sir .

Jim Henson
205-497-0344
spongjim5@yahoo.com
spongjim
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Mike,

Our prayers are definitely with you. You have been an important part of the SubCommittee and have been a great contributor. I always enjoy every conversation that we have...and want to see many more.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby subdude » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Mike,

I'm truly sorry for your loss. You are most certainly in our prayers.

I cannot begin to express just how much our many conversations over the years mean to me, and how much I've missed you at the past few regattas.

Jim
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby salmon » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:27 am

Mike,
May His shalom surround you. You are in my prayers.
Peace,
Tom
If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.
salmon
SubCommittee Member

Postby gantu » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:31 am

Mike,

i don´t know you in person but my sincere condolences on the loss of your wife. And all the best,I'll include in my prayers.
Gantu
gantu

Postby U552 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:52 am

My sincere condolences for your lost. Sure she gives a look for you from above. And all the best for you in the fight against illness.

Kind hugs from Madrid
Juan Carlos
U552

Postby tabledancer » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Mike,
Very sorry for your loss.I too have lost my wife of almost 40 years so I know of your loss and hope that you find peace.You are in my prayers.

TD
Mike Mamula
Don`t forget,its going to be dark tonite.
tabledancer

Postby Bigdave » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:51 pm

Very sorry for your loss Mike.
You guys that don't know Mike, he is such a great guy.
No one can tell a story like he can, and he is always willing to help.
I knew who he was (but who didn't) when I first met him at I believe the second subregatta.
It was the first time I brought a boat and although it was nothing special he made me feel like one of the bubbleheads with his nice comments about my sub.
I wish you well my friend, and many more years of storytelling. BD.
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Postby subdude » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:30 pm

Truer words have never been spoken! If you've never heard Mike tell the missile thru the window story you don't know what laughter is. :-)
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:15 pm

...gotta agree with what Jim and BD said. That missile story is a gem!

Can't you just picture Mike explaining to his next door neighbor what it was that came flying his way? :D

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Sub culture » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:16 pm

That's very sad news. I wish you all the best with your fight against the big C, and hope your models go to good homes.
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Turbobearcat » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:42 pm

I really hate to see or hear of this, I have been gone for so long from this group but I wish you the strength to continue the fight , you have many people thinking of you and pulling for you, just remember to have faith and you can find the strength to fight .

Mark
"Prepare for ramming speed!"
Turbobearcat

Postby Larry Kuntz » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:27 am

Mike,
So sorry to hear about your loss. My best wishes to you with your fight against this. I know far to many that have gone through this battle. Please take care.
Larry Kuntz
SubRon8
ImageImage
Larry Kuntz
SubCommittee Member

Next

Return to General