Banner Ad 1

FOUND: A Los Angeles Class Hull

Have any sub 'stuff' to sell or trade?

FOUND: A Los Angeles Class Hull

Postby petn7 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:28 pm

As the title says, I’m looking for a Los Angeles Class hull, but I’m somewhat open, yet particular, to the type and make.

My first choice is a “unicorn” hull. This would be a 1/144 scale and fairly accurate Los Angeles hull (any Flight). Maybe it’s not on par with Matt Thor’s hulls with respect to scale detail and craftsmanship, but it’s close. It’s my understanding this hull does not exist, but if it does and you have one to sell, I’m interested in buying it.

My second choice is an un-built Matt Thor Los Angeles Hull. Preferably it’s a Flight I or II Los Angeles SSN, that’s untouched. However, I’m ok with a little work on it as long as it’s minimal, ie some of the ballast vents have started to be cut and sanded out. I’m also ok with it being a Flight III (688i), but Flights I or II are what I’m really looking for.

I’d also be willing to take a look at some SSY Los Angeles hulls (Flights I or II). I’m not that familiar with them, so I’m going to be very cautious about buying one and will want plenty of close up and high resolution pictures.

My last choice would be a 1/96 Copeland Los Angeles hull. Again, I'd like a Flight I or II, but I'm not sure if they were ever made.

If you have something I might be interested, please let me know.

FOUND!
Last edited by petn7 on Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
petn7
SubCommittee Member

Re: WANTED: A Los Angeles Class Hull

Postby JWLaRue » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:47 pm

Curtis,

Not exactly what you may be looking for, but....

I have a *built* Thor LA flight 3 hull that I've been looking to sell. It's just the hull...no dive module. If you think you might be interested, I can bring it to Sunday's sub run if you will be able to join us. If you end up being interested, I'll throw in a set of my photo-etched vents and strainers for the boat as well.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby petn7 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:56 pm

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the offer. I'll probably pass, but depending on how my search goes (and the condition of your 688i), I may take a more serious look at it. I won't be able to make this weekend's SubComEast Fun Run, but I will make 1 or 2 this winter and perhaps I can let you know ahead of time and take a look at your 688i at that time.
petn7
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:44 am

Okay....not a problem, let me know if you want to see it.

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubSwap