Banner Ad 1

OTW Type VII Looking for some Help

R/C Submarine modelers

OTW Type VII Looking for some Help

Postby Mickster » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:26 pm

Hello

I believe this my first post to this site!

My 1/32 Type VII will be arriving from Bob in a week or two. I have been busy reading all I can find on the build and other tips posted on this site. It is all a big help as I am new to R/C but have been modeling for 40-plus years.

I am looking for any advise from members who have build and sailed this kit. What Radio system works best, Battery set up/location and the like.

I would also like to ask if anyone would be willing to loan or sell me some templates for cutting the flood slots in the hull. ANyone make after-market items to improve the kit?

I can’t wait to get started and without the kit this is all I know to do. Thank you for you consideration,

Mickster

(not sure if this site has a “Mickster”, most do and if so I can be NDMickster)
Mickster

Re: OTW Type VII Looking for some Help

Postby salmon » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:59 pm

Welcome aboard! I have not gone that large yet. I am sure you will find many here to help!
Look forward to see how your build goes.
Peace,
Tom
If you can cut, drill, saw, hit things and swear a lot, you're well on the way to building a working model sub.
salmon
SubCommittee Member

Postby JWLaRue » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:33 pm

Hi Mickster,

......did Bob send you a copy of my OTW Type VIIC build article? (I can't remember if you told me if he did)

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Mickster » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:47 pm

Hello Jeff, yes he did send me a copy. Bob has been extremely nice to work with. Always emails back within a day and must be sick of the many questions I have put to him. I wish all vendors were as good to work with and cared for their customers, it’s a rare thing today. Your pages are the best I have and I plan to follow them close. Anymore info/advise would be great.

You helped me obtain some type VII plans back around 2005 or so. Again, thanks as it started my interest in this ship. I look forward to starting and know it will be a great winter project. I hope its ok to email you or post for help.
Mickster

Postby JWLaRue » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:30 pm

...always glad to help!

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Sub culture » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:31 am

You should get a photo-etched template for cutting the slots in the hull with the kit.
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby tabledancer » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:04 pm

Do those templates include the lower hull aft drain slots around the props and rudders?I am currently refitting a Robbe Type VII and would like the include these in my refit.

TD :wink:
Don`t forget,its going to be dark tonite.
tabledancer

Postby Sub culture » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:17 am

AFAIK, the template is for the slots along the side only, but Bob Dimmack would be the best person to confirm or deny that.

The Robbe boat is a smaller scale than the OTW, so would it be of benefit anyway?
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler