Banner Ad 1

Scale Ship Oscar 2

This is the place to post your submarine build- ups.

Re: Scale Ship Oscar 2

Postby greenman407 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:31 pm

In times past I have remarked at how much bondo shrinks over time as evidenced by this picture. Under the sail you can see the space that didnt used to be there. Now, to address this once again.
Image Once again, applying freezer tape to the hull and carefully marking on the hull the correct position of the sail. Then apply the Evercoat Metalglaze to the bottom of the area in question. Then we "Smoosh it down" , carefully aligning the sail with the marks and let it dry.

Later we remove the excess and sand it down until it looks good again.
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Postby greenman407 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Here we have some work on the sail:

From the included brass detail kit I pulled and installed these louvers to each side.

The rest of these pictures shows the masts all preped and painted and ready for install. You can also see the plastic shelf that I made to mount the masts to inside the sail. The holes were carefully drilled to line up with the door locations on top of the sail.
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Postby greenman407 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:48 pm

In this picture you see a cutaway of the bridge area and the hatch which is not on the floor but on the top end of a trunk. Weird I know. So to represent that I pulled the hatch from the brass detail kit and mounted it on top of a 1/4" brass tube and a section cut out of a Bic pen. Then after that I made sides and a floor for the bridge area , installed the folding doors and spread putty in the corners and sanded.

greenman407

Postby greenman407 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:34 pm

Here we see the drawing of the front of the sail and some vents. They were cut from the detail set and applied.

greenman407

Postby the dark knight » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:26 pm

looking great as always! keep up the good work!
Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are no way enhanced by extreme caution. - Erich Topp

Jon Jones
the dark knight
SubCommittee Member

Postby greenman407 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:53 am

Thanks, the boat is finished. I need to update this thread for sure.
greenman407

Previous

Return to Builder Threads