Banner Ad 1

Pink SeaTiger, Operation Petticoat

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

Pink SeaTiger, Operation Petticoat

Postby OldNoob » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:02 am

Got my revell 1/72 gato. Toying with the idea of doing the pink seatiger. Should I?
OldNoob
Registered User
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:18 pm

Re: Pink SeaTiger, Operation Petticoat

Postby brucethebrush » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:04 am

DOIT! Classic movie. Finally found it on evilbay. Was planning on doing it to my Gato. Gonna have female undergarments hanging from the rigging? Please post WIP pics. Got to get the ratio correct of white to red primer, eh.
Bruce
brucethebrush
Registered User
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: Pink SeaTiger, Operation Petticoat

Postby OldNoob » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:06 am

brucethebrush wrote:DOIT! Classic movie. Finally found it on evilbay. Was planning on doing it to my Gato. Gonna have female undergarments hanging from the rigging? Please post WIP pics. Got to get the ratio correct of white to red primer, eh.
Bruce

LOL That would be really cool!
OldNoob
Registered User
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:18 pm

Re: Pink SeaTiger, Operation Petticoat

Postby JWLaRue » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:39 am

You would have really liked the 1/32nd scale Balao that Gene Berger had painted up as the USS Sea Tiger......nothing like a 10 foot pink sub!

-Jeff
Rohr 1.....Los!
User avatar
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member
 
Posts: 3812
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 1994 6:00 pm
Location: Annapolis, MD

Re: Pink SeaTiger, Operation Petticoat

Postby OldNoob » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:36 pm

JWLaRue wrote:You would have really liked the 1/32nd scale Balao that Gene Berger had painted up as the USS Sea Tiger......nothing like a 10 foot pink sub!

-Jeff

That's awesome. Hard to find pictures of it.
Looks like also' the SeaTiger was actually a Balao class sub. It would take some major work for me to transform the Gato into a Balao class
OldNoob
Registered User
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:18 pm

Re: Pink SeaTiger, Operation Petticoat

Postby OldNoob » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Here's a link to a Balao class conversion kit. would be more than i paid for the whole model LOL
http://ibs.eastcoastarmory.com/Csets2.htm
OldNoob
Registered User
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:18 pm

Re: Pink SeaTiger, Operation Petticoat

Postby modelnut » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:59 pm

OldNoob wrote:
JWLaRue wrote:You would have really liked the 1/32nd scale Balao that Gene Berger had painted up as the USS Sea Tiger......nothing like a 10 foot pink sub!

-Jeff

That's awesome. Hard to find pictures of it.
Looks like also' the SeaTiger was actually a Balao class sub. It would take some major work for me to transform the Gato into a Balao class


Yeah. I bought one of those conversion kits. It seems that mine was one of the last pulls from that mold. It was just an undefined lump of resin. Sent it back for a refund. :evil:

I might just fudge it when I finally do it. Since the SEA TIGER isn't a real submarine then it doesn't have to be a real BALAO does it? :twisted:

I also have two 72 GATO kits. I hope to convert them to RC one day. I only need one WTC since I can't drive two boats at once, right?

- Leelan
User avatar
modelnut
SubCommittee Member
 
Posts: 406
Joined: Sun May 25, 2003 4:38 pm


Return to Television and Movie Submarines

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

cron