I installed the new Engel Proportional ballast controller in the 212.
It took some trial and error and some modification to get it to fit and work.
But it works quite well.
I do not seem to be getting any glitching now.
I also installed a rotary control in one of the S/W expansion holes on my Multiplex radio.
It took a bit of cutting on the inside to get it to fit as the S/W would have been much smaller that the pot.
But now I get about 320 deg of travel on the control making for a much finer adjustment on the piston.
I will add some markings around the knob to give me basic depth points.
This should work out well. BD.