Banner Ad 1

Not a sub, but you might be interested

Have any sub 'stuff' to sell or trade?

Not a sub, but you might be interested

Postby subdude » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:27 pm

Folks,

For sale here is a G.I. Joe Zodiak that's been converted to R/C. This is the full size (12" tall) Joe, not the little guy. The boat is made from hard plastic, and is heavy duty (and heavy). I drilled holes in the pontoons and filled them with spray foam, so it can't possibly sink. I reinforced the transom and installed an Aquacraft EP1 outboard.

The Joe is the one that came with the Zodiac, with all his commando gear (dive goggles, fins, rifle, jungle hat, vest, etc. He's a G.I. Joe collector piece for sure.

Inboard I built a dummy ammo case for Joe to sit on, and installed the r/c gear inside. The Aquacraft speed control and steering servo come with the boat, the Futaba receiver has been removed for another project. For power I was using a 7 cell nimh pack laying between Joe's feet. I was going to make a dummy gear bag to put the battery in, but never got around to it.

The boat runs great. It's not super fast due to the weight, but still gets on plane and looks really cool. It draws a crowd every time I take it out, especially if kids are around.

The outboard by itself is $75, and the boat which hasn't been available for probably 9 or 10 years goes for $70 - $90 on evilpay IF one ever shows up. The speed control is another $30.

I'm downsizing a bit, and clearing out some space for other project. Joe can find a home with you for $160, delivered ConUs. Add a receiver and battery, and hit the beach!

Best bet for contact is subdude17349 AT comcast dot net

Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubSwap