Banner Ad 1

UFO SKYDIVER

This is the place to post your submarine build- ups.

Re: UFO SKYDIVER

Postby Wheelerdealer » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:44 pm

I quite like the look of it. Is the 3' version to small to get the Sky1 working?
Ramesh
www.rcmodelsubmarines.co.uk
----------------------------------------------------
Whaddya mean, I need a license to do that?!
Wheelerdealer
SubCommittee Member

Postby greenman407 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:47 am

Good question. Personally I have no interest in model airplanes so for me its kind of a moot point. Im going to estimate that its about 10" long. The manufacturer says hes seen on Youtube where someone took one and made a video of Sky 1 blasting off underwater. I looked for it but it must have been removed. From talking with him it seems that most of these hulls are purchased and then made into static display pieces.
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Postby Sub culture » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:51 pm

I would think Ramesh was more interested in the possibility of making it a separate small submarine. 10" should enable miniature R/C conversion.
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby greenman407 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Very well then, when it arrives I will take pictures of it with that in mind. Perhaps by sitting it next to a tape measure.
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Postby greenman407 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:13 am

Tuesday at Blue Spring I took the oppertunity to photograph a couple of possible drive units and measure them.

A modified Graupner Jet drive powered by a 12 volt 540 size motor direct drive. Lots of thrust!

And then the other units that I made mention of before.
greenman407

Postby Collins Class » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:41 am

I haven't posted on Subcommittee for ages but this is just way too cool not to comment on. I have been a fan of UFO and Skydiver for ages. A collection of Skydiver pics I collected from across the net is here on Webshots http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/alb ... 8926NKHKgw which includes some hard to find shots. Some of my previous Subregatta albums are linked to from there as well.

I need :) one of these so if Mamas is willing to build another I would appreciate his contact details.

Thanks
Byron
Byron

Thunder Tiger Neptune with video
Many works in progress, including me ;)
Collins Class
SubCommittee Member

Postby greenman407 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:03 am

And what a nice collection of pictures you have there! How can I get access to your pictures? It says I have to be a friend to download them? Ill PM you with contact info for MAMAS.
greenman407

Postby greenman407 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:11 pm

There has been a problem with the courier service that is shipping it overseas to me. I hear that we are now back on track and it is on its way. Ive almost chewed off all my fingernails! :D
greenman407

Postby greenman407 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:37 am

HIP HIP HOORAY! ITS HERE! I must say that I am very pleased with what I recieved. Along with the hull he sent me alot of extra detailing parts. Being that it is fiberglass or GRP its not like poping open a Revell 1/72 Gato with all the preset alignment pins, just add glue. You have an upper and a lower hull that must be joined. So first you have to trim the edges to the line and then join the halves with resin or epoxy and cloth. Then smooth , sand , and contour. Then we need to worry about cutting an opening in the hull for access. Tomorrow I will post pictures of the rough parts before they are cleaned up. The parts seem to be dedicated and accurate. Even the appropriate hull scribing is there. This is going to be a great project. However, with all my other projects in the works as well I will be working on it a little at a time. :D Anyone interested in purchasing one of these, either the 3 ft version or the 5 ft. version can contact him directly. His name is Mamas Pitsillis. Email is studio2models@hotmail.co.uk
greenman407

Postby greenman407 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:05 am

Here is a link to his studio showing many of his projects. VERY COOL!!! http://studio2models.webs.com/apps/photos/
greenman407

Postby greenman407 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:58 am

Good as my word.

Image I didnt have much time but I took some quick shots. As I said the parts are still rough, they havent had the flashing cleaned up yet but it looks real good. Through an oversight the cockpit canopy for Sky was not included, its now on its way. Sky is about 12 1/2" long and about 2 1/2" wide at the fuselage. I used a metric and english tape measure to service both kinds of measurers out there.
greenman407

Postby greenman407 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:06 am

A few pictures to show what it is now and then what it will become!
greenman407

Postby Collins Class » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:42 am

Hi Mark,

As requested I downloaded the Skydiver pics I had collected on Webshots and posted them publicly on Picasa here http://picasaweb.google.com/byzcol65/SkydiverPictures#.

I may have gone a little overboard as I decided to go image trolling and pulled together many more images of Sky One and Skydiver. I hope you don't mind my posting your hull pics as well. Wanted to try and make this is a bit of a repository so I didn't have to go looking. I also found this site http://www.therpf.com/f10/ufo-skydiver-ss-gerry-anderson-57055/ which has a build of the hull you have I think.

I thoroughly recommend everyone having a look around Mamas's site at Studio2 http://studio2models.webs.com

Cheers
Byron

Copyrights belong to their rightful owners. Images posted for research purposes only.

Byron

Collins Class
SubCommittee Member

Postby greenman407 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:54 am

Yes, thanks very much, the pics and projects are great.Your welcome to take any pics of mine and use them as you see fit, no problem. The build you showed us will be very helpful. This forum could difinetely profit from your postings of your projects of a submarine nature. Please feel welcome.
greenman407

Postby Collins Class » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:38 am

Thanks. If anyone has any good Skydiver pics to contribute not shown, if you would share please PM me and I will post to Picasa.

Thanks
Byron
Byron

Collins Class
SubCommittee Member

PreviousNext

Return to Builder Threads