Well, Jedi master Welch was correct. Clay mold is a poor choice!!
I started off needing only two saddles, so not a big deal to clean up. But actually, I could make a rubber mold in the time it took to clean one part!! So, after a resin catastrophy, (some resin that apparently expired, leaving a sticky alien-like mess!) I threw everything away, which was easier, and started over.
I made a rubber mold of the WTC saddles,and with Kevin Mac's permission for personal use, added two index tabs to the same mold. Just to keep it busy each pour, I put an upper hull brace in for the follow up boomer project, and the bulkhead for the propulsion shaft and bearing.
I learned to be humble
Seeing the rubber mold would be the way to go, I stayed in the middle and got some Aluminite white casting resin. I used all the mix I had and made a bunch of saddles for the Akula and follow up boomer project that happens to use the same WTC saddles, index tabs for both boats,bulkhead for both boats, and the upper hull braces for the long boomer so it will not flex as much. Got that idea from Pete's Ohio.
In all, I casted a dozen saddles, 8 braces, 5 bulkheads, and about 20 tabs, along with two cups of coffee!!
Winter is beginning to ease a little. I will start doing more soon.