Banner Ad 1

HELP!!!!

R/C Submarine modelers

HELP!!!!

Postby dgp1957 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:46 pm

Hi I have my Kursk model with all the inside bits unfortunately ai dont know how to set the system up, there are 2 air cannisters in the hull and a ballast tank but there is also a lot of Festo kit I know nothing about, if anyone can look at the picture and help me it would be much appreciated :D

David

dgp1957

Re: HELP!!!!

Postby Sub culture » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Difficult to be specific, looks like the canisters are filled up on shore as I can't spot any compressors.

Did you purchase this from Antoine? If so I'm sure he can give you the best knowledge on this boat as, AFAIK, he built it.

Andy
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby dgp1957 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:46 pm

Aye Andy I bought it from Antoine, cant get hold of him just now though, struggling to see how the solenoids valves etc get connected into the Rx. :?
dgp1957

Postby Sub culture » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:17 pm

I can't really see what electronic equipment you have in that boat from the pictures provided, David.

What I can say is that solenoids will be activated by either relays, servo controlled microswitches or by a solid state transistorised switch.

If you were a bit further South I'd suggest bringing it along to the Dive-in at Brockwell Lido in a couple of weeks, and it could probably be all sorted out there.

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Sub culture » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Had a search for Antoine's original sale notice for this boat. It looks like all the electronic gubbins is in the box just forward of the drive motors. Any chance of some better pictures of this area.

Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby dgp1957 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:27 pm

I'll get them up as soon as I can, I have lost the usb cable that allows me to tansfer pics from my camera to the laptop :cry:
dgp1957

Return to R/C Modeler