Banner Ad 1

Need advice

R/C Submarine modelers

Need advice

Postby Most_People » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:54 pm

Hello all, I am looking for someone to let me know if I am on the right track.

I have been looking at building a type XXI for a LONG time, ever since I read the article about Mike Dory's 32nd parallel prototype (I really do mean a long time!).

Anyways, my first submarine was a robbe seawolf, and I was not impressed. Mainly the water tight cylinder they produced was awful. I watched their type XXI come and go, looks like a lot of people have enjoyed it and more power to them! I am much more of a fan of building a WTC and literally dropping it into or pulling it out of the sub as I see fit, which also makes it easier to re-use the wtc as I am sure all you experts know. I did this to my tpye XXIII from 32nd parallel, I dremeled out the entire WTC it came with and put in a 3.0 I bought online, and it worked like a charm except for the ballast system which I was less than impressed with, not that it was faulty engineering -- just a pain in the rear.

So flash forward to today, and I am looking at purchasing this hull:

http://caswellplating.com/models/mbdxxi.html

Matt Thor I think you produced this hull? I am not sure, but either way it is being sold by caswell plating now. Just wanted to know what people thought about it, and if anyone knew of aftermarket upgrades to use with it. I was going to scratchbuild a WTC complete with either Engel tanks fore and aft, or an RCABS system. I will do a build thread on it, but I want to get everything lined up before I start spending money and start building.
Most_People

Re: Need advice

Postby Thor » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:37 pm

We do not market our products through caswell. I may be mistaken, but I believe that kit is from the old Darnell molds from the UK.

If you are interested in looking at our Type XXI you may follow this link to view it:

http://www.precisionpattern.biz/subs/sub_xxi.htm

Matt
Thor
SubCommittee Member

Return to R/C Modeler