Banner Ad 1

Coming attractions, The Disney Nautilus

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

Coming attractions, The Disney Nautilus

Postby Carcharadon » Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:04 pm

Carcharadon

Postby Novagator » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:38 pm

Outstanding, I hope they keep Harper's design!
John Cottingham
Sub Committee Member #2721
Novagator
SubCommittee Member

Postby PaulC » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:15 pm

It will be modified at the very least -- these guys have considered casting Will Smith as Nemo.

The Enterprise is as iconic as Nautilus and they've modified it again. Nothing is sacred in Hollywood.

The good news is there will be a "new" Disney Nautilus to model :shock:
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby hakkikt » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:28 am

The Disney Nautilus is in itself a gross violation of Jules Verne's original design, so IMO it can step aside and make room for another one.

Reason enough to be happy, there will be another fantasy sub to model.
- mobilis in mobili -
SC#1604
hakkikt

Postby PaulC » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:52 am

The Disney Nautilus is in itself a gross violation of Jules Verne's original design

Oh, the humanity!!! :D
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby hakkikt » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:55 pm

PaulC wrote: It will be modified at the very least -- these guys have considered casting Will Smith as Nemo.

The Enterprise is as iconic as Nautilus and they've modified it again. Nothing is sacred in Hollywood.

What has the world come to. :)
- mobilis in mobili -
SC#1604
hakkikt

Re: Coming attractions, The Disney Nautilus

Postby Carcharadon » Tue May 18, 2010 8:22 am

Carcharadon

Postby SteveNeill » Tue May 18, 2010 6:22 pm

This film stands no chance at all. Don't hold your breath. And BTW the director is a hack. Did you see hie Terminator movie?? Need I say more?

And if you think the Hollywood bimbos will make anything to honor Verne's original vision then you are kidding yourself.

I bet it's all CGI, 3D, and a total redesign of the boat. I even heard too but can't confirm Will Smith for Nemo was being considered. WTF???

Hollywood is dead folks. Has been for a long time. I've worked in Hollywood for 35 years now and have never seen such a decline.

Paul JJ Abrams is another hack. That barf bag redesign of the 1701 was a terrible. Not to mention that tacky bridge.

And yes even the Disney Nautilus as pretty as she was was totally wrong.

And more recently I heard Fox is doing another planet of the apes movie in the style of Avatar. No make up on actors(which does me out of another job). All CGI. And 3D. Where's the toilet? My real feelings are coming out...rallllfffff.

Steve
SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby brucethebrush » Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:07 pm

New ideas in Hollywood ran out years ago. There should be a law. Look at The Day the Erarth Stood Still. I rest my case. What's next, an updated North by Northwest? Maybe with Will Smith being attacked by an F-16. Ooops. Shouldn't give it away,hu.
Bruce
brucethebrush

Postby Albion » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:21 pm

brucethebrush wrote:New ideas in Hollywood ran out years ago. There should be a law. Look at The Day the Erarth Stood Still. I rest my case. What's next, an updated North by Northwest? Maybe with Will Smith being attacked by an F-16. Ooops. Shouldn't give it away,hu.
Bruce

Rear Window - Will smith with night vision goggles
Albion

Postby SteveNeill » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:05 pm

delete
Last edited by SteveNeill on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby SteveNeill » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Being that I have the connections that I have after 30 years in Hollywood I was just shown the conceptional art of the new Nautilus and the interiors and wardrobe. It was just horrible. Kind like Star wars meets Seaquest. There was nothing about the Nautilus that looks like a submarine. More like a space ship from an alien planet.

Steve
SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby brucethebrush » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:29 pm

Albion, you nailed it. Night goggles, LOL.
There are just some things that work. Matrix was a kick. Pixar has the Midas touch. There are so many sci-fi (read SYFY) novels out there that would make great movies. Time travel is the most interesting to me. Say what you will about the new Star Trek but I'll watch it again and again just for the actor who played McCoy. I mean, his first line, off camera, you KNEW who it was. The guy had it nailed.
This is way off the reason for this committee. But it seems there's a bit to be vented. I know of people who have walked out of a show halfway through and demanded their money back. This sends a message to the studios that "we're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore. ".
I mean, standing on the edge of nuclear/biological holocaust has got to still have alot of play left. Let's bomb the Midwest since all we have is corn here and we think we're safe.
There also has to be some great submarine dramas that haven't been touched. Run Silent, Run Deep, top of the list. On the Beach. Updated Voyage.
Has anyone ever modeled the pink sub from Operation Petticoat?
Bruce
brucethebrush

Postby SteveNeill » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:48 am

Next time JJ Abrams really should give Gene a screen credit up front and center for creating the series in the first place. He didn't. Bad move.

Steve
SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby brucethebrush » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:24 am

Quite right, Steve,
Gene is the daddy. Who would'a known, eh?
Hey, wouldn't a re-enactment of the battle between the Monitor and the Merrimac (CSS Virginia) make a great movie? Love sea battles.
But getting back to the subject (already in progress) it will hopefully lead to another Nautilus model to build. (still looking for a 31"er for less than $400) Maybe they should change the title to "19,995 Leagues Under the Sea" since they're close to the original.
Bruce
brucethebrush

Next

Return to Television and Movie Submarines