Banner Ad 1

USS STONEWALL JACKSON MODEL

This is the place to post your submarine build- ups.

USS STONEWALL JACKSON MODEL

Postby swiz1611 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:41 am

Hello everyone!

I have a few questions regarding this submarine model that I obtained from a friend. My friend's Dad was in the Navy and died recently and left all his Navy stuff to his son. Well my friend told me to take what I wanted for yourself because he was giving the rest away to charity.

Well I took the this submarine model because it looked pretty cool. Its a model of the USS Stonewall Jackson about 26" to 27" in length. It has a plastic case around it mounted on a wooden board.

From what he told me he said he built it himself but I don't know if you had a modeling kit or bought one and put it together. Another thing I have no idea if he just bought it from a dealer.

I'm just trying to find out the value of this thing. Can anybody help me out if you might know a general value or someone I can talk to that can tell me?

swiz1611

Re: USS STONEWALL JACKSON MODEL

Postby wlambing » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Having looked this thing over, I suspect it only has a very limited value. I suspect it to be a plastic kit. A bad plastic kit, with not much care taken to asccurately portray Stoney J.
We didn't have vertical stabilizers when I was on it (78-80), in overhaul at Portsmouth, NH, and the screw is pitched backwards! That is the one on the model is set up for counterclockwise rotation. All US boats rotate clockwise. If I looked closer, I'm sure I'd find more boogers.

Bill Lambing
MM1(SS)
A-Gang
USS Stonewall Jackson (SSBN 634)
"If you ignore the problem long enough, it will go away. Even flooding stops eventually!"
wlambing
SubCommittee Member

Postby Rogue Sub » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:42 pm

Hey if you could always stick it on ebay easy enough. Cant pass it by bill though :)
Kevin
A Global Force For Good

http://WWW.ROGUESUBWORKS.COM
Rogue Sub

Postby wlambing » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:27 am

Oh, yeah! The draft marks and hull numbers are the wrong style and size, too!

B^(
"If you ignore the problem long enough, it will go away. Even flooding stops eventually!"
wlambing
SubCommittee Member

Return to Builder Threads