Re: 2010 Subregatta Carmel, Indiana

Postby JWLaRue » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:13 pm

...it's missing the moustache...... :)
Rohr 1.....Los!
JWLaRue
SubCommittee Member

Postby Pirate » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:45 pm

Jeff, where were you?! I thought you were coming to the regatta!
HOLD FAST
Pirate
SubCommittee Member

Postby bob_eissler » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:03 am

Thanks to everyone that helped put on the regatta! It was a great one, lots of fun. I've posted my pictures to facebook. Look for bob Eissler.
Bob
bob_eissler
SubCommittee Member

Postby fgroza » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:32 am

I would like to thank those people that helped me out this weekend at the regatta. Great time with a GREAT group of guys and gals! This was the best the pond has looked and everyone took advantage of it, even in the rain! A big pat on the back to the Indy Admirals for everything they did to make this work along with the Subcommittee members that did extra duty for the event. I'm sure that everyone had a great time and look forward to the return trip next year.

Thanks
Frank
fgroza

Postby Al Nuci » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:38 pm

I too want to express my thanks to all that have made this years regatta all that it could be, with special thanks going out to the Indiana Admirals club who repeatedly take on the huge effort needed to organize and make an event such as this the success it was and known to be, year after year. Thanks all, Best Regards, Al Nuci
Al Nuci

Postby TMSmalley » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Chris & Julie, Dave & Linda, Gene et al, did a fantastic job (as always) making everyone comfortable at this amazing SubVenue.

Also a big thanks to our Saturday eve SubSeminar speakers - Tom Dougherty (the SCR Static on the Line editor) about the Azorian Project, and Rick Galinson about basic stamp technology. Rick made starter kits available threough a special arrangement with the manufacturer.
Tim Smalley
TMSmalley
SubCommittee Member

Postby admiralscommander » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:57 pm

We have a few Subregatta 2010 shirts left if anyone that didn't get one while here or wants one and couldn't make the event.

If you are in the US and want one they are $20 including shipping. If you are outside of the US and want a shirt, let me know and I can let you know how much it would be with freight.

Chris Campbell
admiralscommander

Postby admiralscommander » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:08 pm

A big thank you for all of those that took the time to drive or fly out to this year's Subregatta. If we didn't have you here, we wouldn't have an event to hold

For those that were here, you know how much fun we all had! It was because of every single one of us at the event that made it another success. You all played a part and I appreciate every one of your efforts.

As you all know, our home is your home. Please feel free to come back whenever you can.

Thank you,
Chris Campbell
admiralscommander

Postby Pirate » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Great job, one and all.
I had a terrific time. It was wonderful seeing you all again.
Never thought I'd feel this way about anytime other than Christmas, but that is how I feel about the SubRegatta each year now. I look forward to it all year long. Any boat building is focused around having things ready, at worst, or at least by regatta time. It's terribly rewarding to get the models running, and so much fun and laughs because of all of you who also attend. It's like a big family. There are so many characters in this club, there's rarely ever a dull moment. It's a blast to see you guys from Canada, and from my local Subron 6 again, as well as all of you from far away places. I feel lucky to make friends with all of you.
Thank you all, and thank you Indy Admirals for hosting us and all your efforts. You truly are very appreciated.

Can't wait until next year.
I hope to have a Revell Type VII running and at least have the beginnings of an Army mini submarine from the cold war days used by Redstone to recover ballistic missile tests in plug stage—maybe more.

Pete
HOLD FAST
Pirate
SubCommittee Member

Postby eckloss » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:16 pm

pete

meant to ask you while i was there... what is the material you are using on your anti-skid deck on the ssgn?

and in case i didnt tell you, youre scopes are still making me ill :oops:

erich
eckloss
SubCommittee Member

Postby Tom Dougherty » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:44 pm

Thanks to the organizers of this year's Regatta! Special thanks to Chris Campbell, Dave Hampton & Tim Smalley, and all of the folks who helped out to make this a success.

Tom
Tom Dougherty
Researcher for Project Azorian
Project Azorian Documentary: http://www.projectjennifer.at/
Project Azorian Book: http://www.usni.org/store/catalog-fall-2012/project-azorian
Tom Dougherty
SubCommittee Member

Postby subdude » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Tom,

And seriously, thank YOU for the outstanding presentation. Outstanding!

Jim
Underwater, the ONLY way to fly!

SubCommittee member #0069 (since the dawn of time)
subdude
SubCommittee Member

Postby eckloss » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:19 pm

Do I have permission to post that talk on youtube?

It really was amazing. I'm going to be picking up the book and dvd asap!
eckloss
SubCommittee Member

Postby Skip Asay » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:05 pm

Let me take this opportunity to thank everyone who had anything to do with what I saw as a GREAT SubRegatta. That certainly includes the Indy Admirals (Bravo Zulu, guys!) but also all those who attended from all over. The bottom line is that without you guys, it really doesn't matter how much or how well the Admirals do. Without all the warm bodies (and hot boats!), it just wouldn't have been the great show that it was.

As usual, I had a blast the entire weekend and, of course, there's no place else I'll be next year (19 and counting!).

Skip Asay
The U.S. of A - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave
Skip Asay

Postby Ronnie B » Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:56 pm

Yea Yea like thy all said Ditto ditto ditto ditto and all that stuff !!!!!!!!! Great time great people And A BIG THANKS TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Ron
U Boats, The only boats that you want to sink!!
Ronnie B

PreviousNext

Return to Upcoming Events and SubRegattas