Banner Ad 1

Seaview II

Nautilus, Seaview, and more

Seaview II

Postby junglelord » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:15 am

The molds have been pulled and the work is complete.
There may be a limited run of the sub for sale.
I am first on the block to get one.
But I present the new and improved Seaview II

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9378637/tm.htm
junglelord

Re: Seaview II

Postby theraven » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:25 am

hi mate
lovely kit...
whats the size and is it available as kit?
if so whats the price?
cheers
raven
theraven

Postby junglelord » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:17 pm

The Concept II is a little over 46 inches long.main body 5 1/8 wide,nose fins 7 1/2 wide. In N scale the ship would be 735 long, main body 80 feet wide, front fins 120 feet wide, 88 feet tail. quite a bit bigger than the orginal seaview.

Probably $400 to $500 for a build.
Looks like a limited run may be offered.
junglelord

Postby junglelord » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:06 pm

It seems that this post has made some think, I made this beauty, but I did not, nor do I have those skills.
I am a newbie.

Dennis Deboer is the builder
Hi Guys, Im glad that this model is getting a postive reponse. Im sure if a customer could see this model in person they would like it even more. All I have left to do is mold the rear thruster tube,and then it will be done.Like I said before the customer can always use any paint design that they want. If Mobieus would be interested in making this model that would be fine with me,as this would save me work,and cost to the customer. Im always willing to talk.As for now we are looking around $275.00 for a display model,and a around $450 to $500 fo the rc verson. I would like to keep the cost lower,but the cost of supplies and my time add up.I,ll keep you guys posted on the kit progress as I get closer.Thanks again for the nice complements! untell later Dennis.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9378637/tm.htm
junglelord

Postby Lumbar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:08 pm

I am sorry, but I do believe you have the credentials to call your creation "Improved Seaview." Herman Blumenthal and William Creber designed the original and later Seaviews respectively and were consummate industrial designers. Your design sorry to say it, is in my opinion not of the same caliber. You have every right to call it your own interpretation, but not "improved." I've done one of my own as well, way back in 2003, but I would not suggest it's an improvement over the original:Image I also managed to do a reasonable job (IMHO) on an 8 1/2 footerImageImageFitted are a diving bell hatch, cable operated as on the original with hand formed brass water intake louvers on the nacells:Image It has a functional water-proofed Flying Sub Bay powered with an Escap gear head motor drive with built-in limit switches:Image Also, a lot of custom made lost wax bronze functioning details such as radar, doors, hatches, etc:ImageAlso, the three rudders are depicted as well as internal diving planes just as found on the "8 1/2 footer":Image just wanted you to realize my comments are in ernest. Regards.
Lumbar

Postby greenman407 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:02 pm

Lumbar, When you build a sub, you build a sub! Awesome! I couldnt help myself, I stole some of your pictures.
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Postby greenman407 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:06 pm

SO JUNGLELORD, hows it coming along? Dave Merriman is building one as well. I hope that you do a nice thread on the build right here on the Subcommittee! That way I can watch your progress and nag you daily for more pics. :lol: 8)
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Return to Television and Movie Submarines