Banner Ad 1

2004 Sub Ron - Setting a date

Local Chapter covering Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas, and Nebraska.

Postby Wayne Frey » Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:51 am

I can't belive it is already the end of 2003.
Time to start thinking of when to do the 2004 Sub Ron .
I would like some feedback on when to the next event, and, if you would like to have more than one meet here this year.
Also, I would like to know if more people would be wanting to come try our new found area of operations.We will try to plan to what fits everyone best.
We have an excellent place to play.Everyone is welcome.
E-mail me at:
gatorfrey@hotmail.com
Thanks, and looking forward to 04.
Wayne Frey
SCM #653
SubCommittee Vice President 2006-2008
Author-Russian Submarines, Guardians of the Motherland
Member-Saint Petersburg Russia Submarine Club
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Postby PaulC » Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:17 am

Hi Wayne,

I agree, we need to get things on the calendar. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again.

I think a repeat of Sun n Fun in San Gabriel would be great around the same time (late summer). Any suggestions?

Something a little less formal for the spring could be pulled off as well. Perhaps an extended day run versus an overnighter.

Matt has found a spot in Wichita that he feels is ideal. A clear, man made pond, centrally located in a museum/shopping district. Would anyone be interested in making the trip? How about it you guys from CO, OK and NB?

I've been wondering what some of the public parks in San Marcos are like. I know the river is absolutely clear. Wayne or Carl, have either of you guys been over there and looked at it from an r/c sub perspective?

Also, I've forwarded our logo to the new SC site webmaster and he will see about getting it added to the site.

Let's hear it, guys. What are you up for? And how has construction been going?
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby Tom Spettel » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:49 am

Hey guys all sounds good. keep us posted on what Matt got going in kansas. dont forget colorado crew is having its 3rd
annual regatta this June (Dates will be decided this month at the next CC meeting) we have a great place to sail, clear water concrete lined and we have a diver on hand. we now have three regattas goin in the subron 5 area of patrol
right on
Tom
A list and a plunge and down she goes to Davy Jones.
Raiders of the Deep
Tom Spettel

Postby dietzer » Wed Jan 21, 2004 1:42 pm

PaulC wrote:Hi Wayne,

I agree, we need to get things on the calendar. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again.

I think a repeat of Sun n Fun in San Gabriel would be great around the same time (late summer). Any suggestions?

Something a little less formal for the spring could be pulled off as well. Perhaps an extended day run versus an overnighter.

Matt has found a spot in Wichita that he feels is ideal. A clear, man made pond, centrally located in a museum/shopping district. Would anyone be interested in making the trip? How about it you guys from CO, OK and NB?

I've been wondering what some of the public parks in San Marcos are like. I know the river is absolutely clear. Wayne or Carl, have either of you guys been over there and looked at it from an r/c sub perspective?

Also, I've forwarded our logo to the new SC site webmaster and he will see about getting it added to the site.

Let's hear it, guys. What are you up for? And how has construction been going?

Hey Paul!

I would like to suggest mid-late July. Perhaps then we can avoid the chance of August rain muddying the water in the San Gabriel.

I'm certainly interested in a spring get-together! For an extended day run I'd be glad to travel anywhere in central or east Texas. And for the record, by 'central' I mean anywhere from Sherman down to Corpus Christi. Just name the place...

I'm interested in making a trip to Wichita, but it will depend on the date.

Sometime it might be nice to have a get-together in the Galveston area so we can go see some real ships as well as model subs...

Carl
Carl Dietz
SC#2504
dietzer

Postby PaulC » Wed Jan 21, 2004 4:13 pm

Hi Carl,

I can't think of where there would be any good water to run in or near Galveston, but we would surely get a good tour of Cavalla if we showed up. I was down there at the end of the summer and stuck my head in to see the restoration progress and wound up getting an hour-long personal tour.

Unfortunately, mid-July is perennially overbooked in my house with birthdays, anniversaries, etc. First of June is out as well. I do agree that avoiding the rains would be a good thing. But wasn't last year unusually wet for your area?

Have y'all been to San Gab lately? If it is clear and the water is high maybe we could hit it for a Saturday in March or April...
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby ThorDesign » Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:47 pm

Guys,

The entire months of June and July are totally out for me. I am working on a project that will not allow me to get away other than maybe the last weekend of July for R.I.
ThorDesign

Postby Wayne Frey » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:41 pm

Paul,
I am with ya.
How about a casual run march-april, and a second run at the end of the summer sometime? Hey, it's just for fun. Hate to wait until and of summer to see some of the guys. We could make the end of the summer the gathering where everybody, including Matt,could plan to make it. The first one will be for those who cannot wait any longer.
What do you guys think?
SCM #653
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Postby Tom Spettel » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:18 pm

March/april sounds good will look at vaca list
Tom
A list and a plunge and down she goes to Davy Jones.
Raiders of the Deep
Tom Spettel

Postby PaulC » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:36 pm

Wayne,

That makes sense to me. Where should we go in March/April -- San Gabriel again?

As an aside, the members homepages on the new site are cool. I threw some pictures and info up on mine tonight. Check it out.
Warm regards,

Paul Crozier
<><
PaulC
SubCommittee Member

Postby Wayne Frey » Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:46 pm

I really like the San Gabriel site.It is my first choice.
My house is walking distance to where we ran the 688 in Settler's Park. On weekends I can hear the gas powered r/c boats running from my front door.We would have the advantage of the garage/sub shop walking distance from there.I would not mind if everybody showed up at my house.
Even then, the San Gabriel is only 10-15 minutes from here.
Think it over.
I will post something on my scm homepage this weekend as well.
SCM #653
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Postby BoomerFunker » Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:25 pm

The Wichita idea sounds interesting it would be great to have two events in the squadron area. I am looking foward to attending the 2nd Sun and Fun event wherever it ends up going!

Tom Kisler
BoomerFunker
SubCommittee Member

Return to SubRon5