Banner Ad 1

Sold: 1/96 X tail pumpjet Akula

Have any sub 'stuff' to sell or trade?

Sold: 1/96 X tail pumpjet Akula

Postby Wayne Frey » Fri May 14, 2010 4:49 pm

Due to a slower recovery than expected from medical problems, I am selling one COOL, CUSTOM Akula!!!
Look for it in the build thread here on the Subcommittee website. All the really hard stuff is mostly done. Add linkages, wtc guts, paint, and go! One of a kind, custom, custom, custom. I hate to sell her, but almost 6 months I have not touched it, so here we go..
Included with the hull halves is the installed pump jet housing. Ahead and astern bushings installed. Since this was a custom, I added twice the upper hull sensors. Brass saftey tracks and sail handrail installed. Mechanical manual raising telescope twists 90 degrees to lock/unlock once raised. Working Kilo style running lights for the sail so no retractable lights are needed. The SOKS array on the leading edge of the sail is there. Careful, they are sewing needles mounted in the correct pattern, and are sharp!
No less than 16 leds mounted. All have the resistors embedded in resin to be 100% waterproof. Designed to run on 12volts. Has the correct slow flashing 3 flashes,pause, and three flashes (international signal for a submarine). Can be, and intended for conventional night lighting, and submurged ops with all of the torpedo tubes illuminated, and the marker bouy flashing red.
WTC is RPM'S that is used in the 1/72 Kilo. Fits the 1/96 Akula perfectly. Duel ballast tanks,piston style (go to his website to see how it works.
Pumpjet is modified to reflect closely the only publicly seen Russian pumpjet, the Alorosa.
The x tail configuration required a european x tail pitch controller, which is included. A Viper 15 amp controller goes with it, as does a lipo guard,SUB ES2,sombra Labs programmable reciever and programmer,Mtorinks micro failsafe,and Dimension Engineering Sabertooth 2X10 r/c, and two modified ballast pumps for the wtc from Rick. Add it up. That's some money. I don't want to think of the labor!!
WTC saddles and rear bulkhead are included that I cast. I would call them 80% ready to install.
You will need a drive and batterys, and a few odds and ends. An awsome project!
Serious inquirys only.
$850.00 plus shipping

In case you are wondering, I am keeping all my modeling equipment and some odds and ends. I intend to return :) But for now, I will watch.
SCM #653
SubCommittee Vice President 2006-2008
Author-Russian Submarines, Guardians of the Motherland
Member-Saint Petersburg Russia Submarine Club
Wayne Frey
SubCommittee Member

Re: Sold: 1/96 X tail pumpjet Akula

Postby Wayne Frey » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:43 am

Sold
SCM #653
SubCommittee Vice President 2006-2008
Author-Russian Submarines, Guardians of the Motherland