Banner Ad 1

JB Weld is your friend! Sturgeon

R/C Submarine modelers

JB Weld is your friend! Sturgeon

Postby Jeffrey J » Fri May 28, 2010 9:25 am

I used jb weld and made a liquid shim to fill in the gap under the sail so it would match up to the hull. The aft dive planes are made from copper water pipe so it could be silver soldered to a brass 1/8" rod. The entire sub is scratch built but this is where its at right now. After I get the tail feather linkage installed I will start on the running gear. Jeff Jones

This is the sub I built up over an iron gas pipe, I almost didn't get the pipe out of the hull after it was glassed..... the sub is 1/72nd scale.
This is when i stated playing around with the colors, the whole project started from the non scale but still a 1/72nd scale brass prop friend Craig O'neil gave me some years back. Figured I should go ahead and build this thing, plans , prop, what else would a guy need,, ha ha .. thanks for lookin Jeff Jones
This is the Sturgeon on a pole when it was started....
Last edited by Jeffrey J on Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
one things for sure, they won't be expecting us......... S/C#258
Jeffrey J

Re: JB Weld is your friend!

Postby greenman407 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:20 am

My hat is always ready to come off to anyone that is willing to do a scratch build. Looks really good!
There are OLD pilots and there are BOLD pilots but there are very few OLD BOLD pilots. MAG
greenman407

Re: JB Weld is your friend!

Postby Jeffrey J » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:31 am

hey ,
thanks alot. I know the red color is scale on these boats but on my sub it just makes it look too toy like. I think I will keep everything from the water line down dark grey. I need a better way than what I tried to attach the outboard vertical fins, this is just a work in progress no rush or time frame in getting it done. I just wanted to add this update to the iron pole build,,,,, thanks for lookin Jeff Jones
one things for sure, they won't be expecting us......... S/C#258
Jeffrey J

Return to R/C Modeler