Banner Ad 1

SOLD 1/96 Thor Sturgeon For Sale, partially completed

Have any sub 'stuff' to sell or trade?

SOLD 1/96 Thor Sturgeon For Sale, partially completed

Postby eckloss » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:07 pm

Up for sale is a beautiful 1/96 Thor Sturgeon.

Partially completed and in its initial coat of primers.

Includes the hull, sail, prop, prop shaft, and appendages.

Custom made WTC saddles are already in place, sized for a 3" WTC. Upper hull has stiffening bulkheads in place that help make for a nearly flawless seam and a strong hull. Prop bushing is in place. Flood holes are done. Upper hull has the cleats and MBT vents installed, as well as the hatch hooks and bollards. The hull halves are joined together and held in place by a magnetic locking system in the upper stern that means you dont have to use a screw to secure them together. Magnets are inset so they lock in place and will not slip.

Just a but of final touch-up and the installation of linkages and your WTC and you're about ready to go.

Shipping will be via UPS ground to the US in a well padded, sturdy box to guarantee safe delivery.

SHIPPING IS FREE WITHIN THE US. Tracking info will be included if you'd like. Payment may be made via Paypal.

Dont pass this one up, as these are long out of production!

Any questions, just ask.

Asking a very reasonable $425, shipped.

Last edited by eckloss on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eckloss
SubCommittee Member

Re: 1/96 Thor Sturgeon For Sale, partially completed

Postby eckloss » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:30 pm

REDUCED. $395, shipped. Must sell.
eckloss
SubCommittee Member

Re: REDUCED 1/96 Thor Sturgeon For Sale, partially completed

Postby Oldlugger » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:06 am

Hello eckloss,

Would you ship your Sturgeon to France, and if so how much would this cost?

Cheers
Oldlugger
Oldlugger

Postby eckloss » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:11 am

what is your city and postal code? i will try and get an estimate for you.
eckloss
SubCommittee Member

Postby Oldlugger » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:01 am

Hello eckloss; the town is Manosque, in the region les Haute Alpes de Provence and the postal/zip code is 04100. If you need any further info please let me know. I could pay you a deposit if you want via Paypal.

Cheers
Last edited by Oldlugger on Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oldlugger

Postby eckloss » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:05 am

shipping would be appx $200 USD. If you are still interested, I can have the package taken to the UPS store and have an exact price calculated for you. It may be a bit less than that.
eckloss
SubCommittee Member

Postby Oldlugger » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:13 am

$200 would be too much. If you could get an exact price from the courier that would be much appreciated eckloss.

Cheers
Oldlugger
Oldlugger

Postby eckloss » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:14 am

no problem. i will tomorrow and let you know. the $200 quote came from their website. I will double-check for you.
eckloss
SubCommittee Member

Postby GRR » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:34 pm

Send me a PM if the other deal falls through and I will buy the sub.
Thanks,
Glenn
GRR

Re: SOLD 1/96 Thor Sturgeon For Sale, partially completed

Postby eckloss » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:59 pm

sub has been sold.
eckloss
SubCommittee Member

Postby Oldlugger » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:45 am

Thanks a bunch eckloss!!!!

I thought you were going to check the shipping charges for me today?! Obviously you're not a gentleman, but a snake in the grass. I'm speechless. I offered to pay you a deposit yesterday to show the seriousness of my interest in your blasted submarine. I would never do what you've done, and you didn't even have the courtesy to let me know personally what you intended doing. :evil:

PS - you should change your name from eckloss to reckless.
Last edited by Oldlugger on Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldlugger

Postby Oldlugger » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:47 am

eckloss,

Can I just ask you how a piece of light weight fibreglass (GRP) can cost $200 to send to France (circa £130 Sterling)? I was sent a heavy weight motion picture tripod (with a large fluid head) from the USA for less than this via one of your couriers (insured) which was an express service.

???
Oldlugger

Postby Sub culture » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:44 pm

I understand your disappointment at losing this sale, however the boat is sold now, and I think continuing an online quarrel will serve little purpose other than encourage future sellers to give you a wide berth.

From my own experience with couriers, I can tell you that prices can vary widely between different companies, and a lot depends on the size of the package as well as the weight. Some individuals are able to get discounted rates through companies they work for etc. etc.

Hulls like this come up for sale fairly regularly, so just keep an eye on the Subswap board and there will be another opportunity soon I'm sure.
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Postby Oldlugger » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:35 am

I'd rather "sellers" like this DID give me a wide bearth. You make it sound as though I'm the one at fault!! I was genuinely interested and offered to pay a deposit to the seller; eckloss then sold it to someone else and kept it quiet. I call that decidedly underhanded. What have I done wrong? Is there some hidden submarine modeller's code that I am unaware of here? It is hardly an advert to encourage aspiring sub modellers is it? Furthermore, if a courier organised by an individual (not a business) can send a heavy piece of film equipment to me from the US for half what eckloss was suggesting for a fibreglass tube the size of a baguette, any person with a modicum of intelligence would question his estimate. These Thor hulls appear very rarely now, and when they do they've gone in an instant, which means one would have to be constantly logged into sites like this in the vague hope that another turns up. I've been hunting for a sub like this at this sort of price for about a year and half now; eckloss was charging a reasonable price for the sub itself, but not for the postage. There's a credit crunch going on and we're not all loaded.

Just as a rider to this sorry state of affairs, notice how the person in question has kept quiet here.
Oldlugger

Postby Sub culture » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:39 am

You can purchase a new kit from Matt Thor at Precision Pattern for $275 plus shipping. Now I don't know about you, but that sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

http://www.precisionpattern.biz/subs/sub_permit.htm
'Why are you staring at an empty pond?'

Want to dive your boat in crystal clear water? Then you had better Dive-in- http://www.diveintomodelsubmarines.co.uk
Sub culture
SubCommittee Member

Next

Return to SubSwap