Banner Ad 1

My 32 Parallel VIIC

R/C Submarine modelers

Re: My 32 Parallel VIIC

Postby SteveNeill » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:31 pm

Matt is right BD. I have four of your systems and WTCs in my favorite boats. They don't leak and then run all day like clocks. I haven't seen or bought a can of gas in a long time. And that's just fine by me.

Yes the real boats do too. So be it. Gives them scale and kills the toy look.

Red boat I didn't take any pictures of it but BD did a drawing I worked from. It's a lot like a valve on a snorkel. Instead of a ball that floats up and closes the entrée it's a hinged flap much like a little door. Foam is on the back of it and when you're under water the foam floats up and the door closes off the tube entrée to the pump.

Steve
SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby T. Schulte » Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:51 pm

Steve, It's a 32nd parallel I Bought back in 1988 from Simon Smith direct. It's been in service since the 2001 military ship regatta in San Francisco,CA.I built my own WTC borrowing from ideas from other members boats seen at regattas and the report over the years. :) Even though it's ran flawlessly all this time, I want to try something different with the 32nd scale type IX I'm building now. I would like better fine tune depth control and a more scale surfacing time. Once again awsome boat. Get a bigger pool! Ted :)
T. Schulte
SubCommittee Member

Postby SteveNeill » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Ted that's a amazing. These boats are older than I thought and a real part of RC sub modeling history too. congrats on her being in service so long. You sure built her right!

I would say give the RCABS-R system a try. Added with the low pressure pump and once on the surface you can really get her sitting high.

Now you say a 1/32 Type 9? That's one heck of a big boat my friend! Please do a build thread I have to see it. Talk to BigDave about the system. He's never steered me wrong and knows well what he's doing even if he does try floating very small rocks! LOL!!

And BTW I have a big lake to run this boat in so no worries Ted.

Thanks again,

Steve
SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bigdave » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:08 pm

Hey!!
How else can you tell if she is a Witch!! :mrgreen: :lol: BD.
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Postby SteveNeill » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:20 pm

Me! She turned me into a newt!

Steve
SteveNeill
SubCommittee Member