Banner Ad 1

Type XXVI-W 1:32 Moulds For Sale

Heard about a new product? Announce it here!

Type XXVI-W 1:32 Moulds For Sale

Postby stevew » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:45 pm

I was planning on making kits of this boat available but have since decided to put the moulds up for sale. The hull is a 2 piece mould while the deck is a one piece mould. The set of moulds for sale includes the hull and deck, the sail, split rudder, fore and aft diving planes, deck sonar module, stern block and vorleiflachen.

The finished model was featured on the cover of the most recent SCR (Issue 78, September 2009).

I can send coloured photos of the master plug fabrication and mould construction along with numerous photos of the finished model.

The model is 68.9" long with a beam of 6.65"

All offers will be considered. Thanks in advance for your interest.
stevew
SubCommittee Member

Re: Type XXVI-W 1:32 Moulds For Sale

Postby spongjim » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:42 pm

Boys this is one fine sub hull.Whoever buys it please let me know ,I want one of the first subs pulled from these molds. If you didnt see this sub at the regatta you missed one of the finest subs there. This sub is a masterpiece of design well done Steve.Here are a few pictures of this sub in action.

Jim
spongjim
SubCommittee Member

Postby stevew » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:50 pm

Thanks for your kind words Jim. Much appreciated.

Steve.
stevew
SubCommittee Member

Postby Bigdave » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:32 pm

She is quite the looker. :D
The 26 is my favorite U-boat design. :mrgreen:
I hope someone picks up the ball on this. Excellent work Steve. BD. 8)
David Welch
Commodore SR-8

"Eat your pudding Mr Land". "I ain't sure it's puddin" James Mason-Kirk
Douglas, 20K
Bigdave
SubCommittee Member

Postby murraymcdonald » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:15 pm

I would like to buy one too!! :D :D :D

Cheers!!
Murman
We have to believe in free will. We've got no choice.
murraymcdonald
SubCommittee Member

Postby spongjim » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:51 pm

If I had the money I would buy it and make a few hulls to let it pay for itself.This is just a slow time of year for me at work and things get tight. If you still have the molds this summer please let me know how much you want for them, and I might buy them then.

Jim
spongjim
SubCommittee Member

Postby gantu » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:43 pm

So this is an great boat and i realy want one but is an quetsion of the price.
Gantu
gantu

Postby stevew » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:07 pm

Thank you all for your kind words. Matt Thor showed some interest a few months ago in buying the molds but was unsure how many hulls he could sell. As interest grows (hopefully) Matt's interest may increase.

Steve
stevew
SubCommittee Member

Postby Skip Asay » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:10 pm

"What are the differences between this hull,other than scale, and the 1/48th scale hull that has been offered lately?"

Well, if it were the same boat, it would be obvious that the one would be bigger than the other. But, since it's NOT the same boat.......

Read more carefully. One is a Type XXI (21) which is marketed by Matt Thor and the other is a Type XXVI (26).

I have one of Matt's Type XXIs and I must say that I am impressed! And I've seen Steve's Type XXVI and, again, I'm impressed!

Skip Asay
The U.S. of A - Land of the Free BECAUSE of the Brave
Skip Asay

Postby stevew » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:51 pm

Skip Asay wrote:"What are the differences between this hull,other than scale, and the 1/48th scale hull that has been offered lately?"

Well, if it were the same boat, it would be obvious that the one would be bigger than the other. But, since it's NOT the same boat.......

Read more carefully. One is a Type XXI (21) which is marketed by Matt Thor and the other is a Type XXVI (26).

I have one of Matt's Type XXIs and I must say that I am impressed! And I've seen Steve's Type XXVI and, again, I'm impressed!

Skip Asay

As a point of interest Skip, Matt's Type XXIs, I believe, are made from moulds originally fabricated by Doug Badgley and then sold to Matt, the same Doug Badgley that advised and helped me fabricate the Type XXVI moulds.

Steve.
stevew
SubCommittee Member

Postby murraymcdonald » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:24 pm

I've seen Doug Bagley’s submarines in an Ottawa submarine regatta and I think he's one of the best craftsmen I've ever seen.

Cheers!!
Murman
Last edited by murraymcdonald on Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have to believe in free will. We've got no choice.
murraymcdonald
SubCommittee Member

Postby Thor » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:22 pm

Steve,

I apologize for taking your thread OT, but You are correct! The hull currently offered is being pulled from the original molds crafted by Doug. They were beautifully executed. However, sadly they have degraded significantly over the years and will not be serviceable for much longer. I may get another 5-6 boats from the molds before they are worn out. We have pulled a heavy boat from the molds and are working away at re-detailing the boat as a new pattern...trying to bring back some of the detail that has been degrading over the years of use. Some small, additional details will be added. In addition, an all new conning tower which is highly detailed has been fabricated and will be included with the next release of the updated kit in the spring. A new bow plane deployment/retract mechanism is being developed and will, also, be included in the next release of the kit. The appendages are being reworked a bit to add more detail to them as well as to simplify the linkages to actuate them. A cylinder is also in development for this kit.

I am still very interested in Steve's Type XXVI-W, but the very poor economy has me hesitant to make any large purchases at this time..... :(

Thanks very much for the kind words, Skip. From you that means a whole lot!!!

Matt
Thor
SubCommittee Member

Postby Peter ZAK » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:58 am

I am interested to purchase all moulds. Mail me please pictures and price. discus2a@hotmail.com Thanks
Peter ZAK

Return to New Product Announcements